đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Predict the Sales of these Albums if they were Released 10 & 20 years ago

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

1. thank u, next (2009 and 1999)

2. WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? (2009 and 1999)

3. After Hours (2010 and 2000)

4. Future Nostalgia (2010 and 2000)

5. Chromatica (2010* and 2000)

Please try to base your sales predictions in context of how successful each of the singles were at the times that they were actually released.

My predictions:

Spoiler

1. 2009 - 8,000,000 WW / 1999 - 20,000,000 WW

In 2009 this album would have done similar to most successful albums of the time. It would not be incorrect to assume that the album would probably take on a more electro-R&B sound. In 1999, the album would be released in the midst of the time in which Britney Spears spear-headed (no pun intended) the next major obsession with teen pop. The themes of thank u, next would fit in perfectly during this time.

2. 2009 - 10,000,000 WW / 1999 15,000,000 - 25,000,000 WW

The more unique sound that this album would take would allow it to stand out in 2009. It would get some nice attention from the teen pop crowd too. 1999 is an interesting toss up. On one end, it easily could rival the sales of the other giant teen pop albums of this time. At the same time though, the album has far darker themes than Christina Aguilera and ...Baby One More Time. In 1999, many parents would not want their kids to listen to songs that had darker themes in them. So this albums success in 1999 is variable.

3. 2010 - 7,000,000 - 8,000,000 WW / 2000 - 7,000,000 - 12,000,000 WW

Assuming that album takes on a sound more indicative of those heard in 2010 (while still staying true to the genres seen on the album), this album would have an average success rate for those seen at the time. 2000 would be a bit more interesting. I personally see this album taking on a bit of a range of sales depending on how the singles are received. 

4. 2010 - 8,000,000 WW / 2000 - 2,000,000 - 6,000,000 WW

Dance sounds were pretty well liked on the charts in 2010. This album is guaranteed to do well then. Unless this album becomes her Fever, the lower estimate of 2,000,000 WW would probably be the albums sales in 2000. If the album does become here Fever, then sales similar to that album could possibly be achieved.

5. 2010 - 8,000,000 WW / 2000 6,000,000 WW - 11,000,000 WW

Without the pandemic, and with more appreciation for dance music in 2010, this album would settle in with the top selling albums of the time. However, assuming promo might still be slightly lackluster, it will not do very well in surpassing them. 2000 depends on what people think of Chromatica. The 2000 version of the album would probably sound more like the dance music Madonna would be making at the time, possibly with some Kylie Minogue sounds thrown in. So if people are in the mood for songs more like Music, Ray of Light, and Can't Get You Outta My Head, then this album will sell well. If not, then it will sell on the lower end.

*Do not view Chromatica's sales in the context of Lady Gaga's success in 2010; try to separate it from that.

he/him/his

Lucas

Lazy to do this but 7/8 years ago Billboard had published some kind of board to calculate sales of albums if they were released in the 80's 90's early 2000's and if I remember correctly, The Fame would've sold 45M worldwide had it been released in the late 80's :omg:

The Fame Monster
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Lazy to do this but 7/8 years ago Billboard had published some kind of board to calculate sales of albums if they were released in the 80's 90's early 2000's and if I remember correctly, The Fame would've sold 60M worldwide had it been released in the late 80's :omg:

Mmm… but wait. Wasn’t The Fame actually released in the early 80’s? :huh:

Find your freedom in the music

Kadikaado

Most of these albums would sell well, but I don't think Thank You, Next or When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go would sell well. Maybe Thank You Next would sell well, but Billie would be completely ignored. She would be a niche artist, people weren't ready for her style of music by that time.

Chromatica and Future Nostalgia would sell like hot cakes, they would work anytime. After Hours would sell like crazy, I think.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

River

these numbers are the reason why there were many one hit wonders back then, you just had to release 1 hit and become rich for life :toofunny:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

FFXIV WhiteMage

Oh no. I’m not good with things that involved in-depth thinking :saladga:

1. 6M/10M

because it’s not the it thing that time me thinks.

2. 4M/8M

Billie’s sound will not be well received during these time period. Emo sound should be like Avril’s or Paramore. 

3. 10M/20M

Throwback sound and bubblegum pop songs = commercially success especially in those period.

4. 12M/22M

Same with number 3 but female pop star is more popular at that time.

5. 20M/30M

The sound may be on par with numbers 3 and 4 but Gaga is a phenomenal performer and excellent vocalist. Oh and a great dancer as well. Her talent, charisma  and strong peculiar character plus the disco pop masterpiece- Chromatica, will be her foundation for an imperial pop era WW domination. 

androiduser

not really sure if we can make a good estimate because at a totally different time the sound would have been perceived differently. Some of these albums would be too advanced for the previous decades, some would even be too close to the 90's so the 90's throwback sound would have possibly sounded dated...

LDGA

The only album that would have a hard time getting sales and success in the 2000 and the 2010, would be WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?, the alternative music slowly started to become since 2011, and i think that fully became mainstream since 2015-2016. 

Anderson123

Imagine Gaga releasing Chromatica in 2000 and having to pull the plug on the album campaign because of 9/11 months later. The media calling her insensitive for having a song called 911. :rip:

CubbyGaga

Chromatica is SOOOO 90’s/early 2000’s.  It would’ve been LIT.

Lady Gaga GIF by NOW That's Music

Archived