💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

K-pop latin american boy band competition series in the works at hbo max

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

MCDBRTH_EC050.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

K-pop is fast becoming a global musical force with the success of BTS and Blackpink.

HBO Max is looking to take advantage of this with a new series designed to find a new K-pop phenomenon. The twist? The streamer is looking for the band to come out of Latin America.

The WarnerMedia-backed streamer is developing the untitled competition series with Korean media firm CJ ENM, the company behind Fox’s I Can See Your Voice, and Endemol Shine Boomdog, the Spanish-language arm of Endemol Shine North America, which produces series including MasterChef Mexico and Univision’s Mira Quien Baila.

The show will follow a group of young men from Latin America audition for an opportunity of a lifetime to fly to Korea to train under the K-pop secretive star-making system to launch the first K-pop coached Latin American super group.

Throughout the music competition show, contestants are tested with challenges designed to not only evaluate their individual abilities, but to help them come together as a diverse, yet unified boy band, ready to debut on the world’s stage.

Source

chromatic puzea

this is an interesting and unique concept

curious to see how successful it becomes

do u like the jojo siwa song

JusKeepBreathin

It will be popular. CNCO is a boy band created on a latin american show called "La Banda" I wonder who the judges are because the international judges on La Banda were all legends.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

BUtterfield 8
5 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

It will be popular. CNCO is a boy band created on a latin american show called "La Banda" I wonder who the judges are because the international judges on La Banda were all legends.

Well it’s gonna take place in Korea so i guess it will be idols there 

JusKeepBreathin
6 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Well it’s gonna take place in Korea so i guess it will be idols there 

Well the training is in Korea. The auditions will be local in latin america. That's what makes the show international. I have a feeling there will be idols from both places. I am super excited to see who it will be. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Lucas

So they will look for korean boys in latin america? Or any latin american boys?
Anyways, interest concept! Behind the scenes from anything related to music industry is always so interesting to watch

BUtterfield 8
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

So they will look for korean boys in latin america? Or any latin american boys?
Anyways, interest concept! Behind the scenes from anything related to music industry is always so interesting to watch

It’s south American boys with kpop training 

2 minutes ago, Wolf Boy said:

So it’s Latin American boys singing Korean pop....what?

Now they will be the essence of Kpop boy group but will sing in Spanish 

ToxicHot

This sounds like a really cool concept!!! I’m kinda here for it. 😎 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Emvee

Make it pop, though. If it’s just a rehash of niche Latin music or reggaetón then whats the point? 

julz

This is now happening here in the Philippines. We have a music genre now called P-pop, which is inspired by Kpop. Boy and girl groups are starting to appear now, that are being honed to become professional dancers, singers, visual artists. For example,  we have a famous boy group now called SB19, that was trained by a professional Korean agency..but still targeting the local music scene. And it was a great success as I can see.. They have a huge fan base, and they are now nominated along with BTS, BP and Ari at the Top Social Artists at BBMAs. I think that the discipline culture of Kpop is truly effective. Check SB19. 

PawDealer
32 minutes ago, julz said:

This is now happening here in the Philippines. We have a music genre now called P-pop, which is inspired by Kpop. Boy and girl groups are starting to appear now, that are being honed to become professional dancers, singers, visual artists. For example,  we have a famous boy group now called SB19, that was trained by a professional Korean agency..but still targeting the local music scene. And it was a great success as I can see.. They have a huge fan base, and they are now nominated along with BTS, BP and Ari at the Top Social Artists at BBMAs. I think that the discipline culture of Kpop is truly effective. Check SB19. 

Is it spelled like.... "Pee pop" ?

Gagaaaaaa

Shipper
2 hours ago, PawDealer said:

Is it spelled like.... "Pee pop" ?

If you can read then you saw how it was spelled. 

:triggered:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Archived