💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Influencer under fire for euthanizing dog after biting her son

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

I didn't watch the video but as a dog owner I can't understand! I have tried but I just can't. My dog is a part of my family, I love him more than I can explain. I am lucky though because my dog is very friendly, never even tried to bite somebody. He's a chocolate lab. 

On the other hand my brother has an Australian Shepard for about 1 year or so. The dog is VERY aggressive. The length that he went through to try to fix his behaviour makes me so proud of him. He went to behavioural training with him until he was told that they can't do anything for the dog and maybe it's hormonal. He took him to a vet, did some hormonal treatment, no idea what. That didn't work. He then took the dog to agility training, he thought that would maybe help. It didn't. Then he took the dog to a dog psychologist- apparently that's a thing. That didn't work. And they only went for walks very early in the morning and very late at night so the dog would not come in contact with other people. During the day he took him out of the city in the woods to let him run. He tried everything. He made the tough decision to give him up, he found a very nice home for him, a dog trainer took him. He has to give him up on Friday. I can't even speak to my brother on the phone, he can't stop crying, a grown man. If you are not willing to go through these steps if a problem occurs you should not get a dog, period. 

"How can I protect something so perfect without evil?"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spyro
5 hours ago, SamanthaC said:

I absolutely would. Just because a dog bit a kid doesn't mean it's aggressive. I don't know what happened in this situation but a lot of children are not monitored with their interactions with pets. Children have to be taught how to interact with animals. Dogs bite, typically, out of fear or because they have been provoked in some way. I was attacked by my babysitter's dog when I was 3. They rehomed the dog. 

I've changed my opinion on this and agree with you.  Like I said, I never really grew up with dogs (we were mostly cat people but I want a dog for myself in the near future)

Spyro the Dragon

Lady Palutena

That's awful... I can't even--

I have found that usually in incidents like this, the one who got bit is at fault. But you know how parents can be with their children--willfully ignorant.

This is a little unrelated but somewhat...

My landlord got his late dog Bow from a shelter after this very same incident. When the previous owners dumped him at the shelter they told staff that he was aggressive to their kid and bit him. Upon further investigation, it turned out that the kid wasn't treating Bow very nicely, and the biting happened after this kid literally belly flopped on Bow, a cocker spaniel. The dad told them that if the bite had been worse, they would have put Bow down. Put down a freaking cocker spaniel! Allen, my landlord, ended up adopting Bow and finding out that he was actually great with kids and anyone else. Bow is now gone, but his memory of being a loving dog and companion live on.

Also, I have raised cats since I was 13; my nieces and nephews would often agitate them and get scratched as a result and cry about it to their mom to which I would remind her that animals are not playthings and though it may seem fun to pull their tails, ears, or try to stuff them in baby clothes, they hate that. Seriously, these are living beings. Not inanimate objects. It's up to people older and more mature than children to teach them how to handle animals.

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

PartySick
On 5/5/2021 at 7:36 AM, HuffsAhoy said:

idk teaching their child to respect an animal

!!!!!!!!!

My last dog bit my cousin's kid. I was watching her and she (the dog) had been staying in the bedroom and keeping her distance from my cousin's kid. She didn't like kids but in the "omg stay away from me" way, not in the "omg I want to kill that child" way.

As a dog owner, you know your dog and their behavior, ya know?

Well, this dumb little girl decides she wants to hug the dog, which I'm absolutely not allowing :smh: I've told her all day to leave the dog alone. Don't go around the dog. Let her stay in the room. Don't bother her, let's go do something else.

Well SOMEONE decided when they got home that it'd be a good idea to let this kid hug my dog as long as they held her head away from her face. I heard her scream from across the house and I was immediately f*cking L I V I D.

My cousin got mad at ME for it, said she wanted my dog put down but the hospital said because the dog is owned by family and the wound didn't even need stitches, they're not doing anything.

Every time she's asked me to watch that little girl after that, I'm like "You refuse to teach your kid about respect or boundaries and when she ignores what I said and faced the consequences, you blamed ME instead of your sh*t kid that doesn't listen or the person who thought it'd be a good idea to hold a dog down so a kid can squeeze her so f*ck you, tbh :laughga:"

The way people don't teach their kids about animal safety or boundaries (human or otherwise) is probably the biggest reason I hate kids.

Even now, I take my dog on daily walks and thank god she's good with people 'cause the parents just watch and smile as their kids run up and start petting and hugging a stranger's dog :smh:

🖤

HuffsAhoy
13 minutes ago, PartySick said:

!!!!!!!!!

My last dog bit my cousin's kid. I was watching her and she (the dog) had been staying in the bedroom and keeping her distance from my cousin's kid. She didn't like kids but in the "omg stay away from me" way, not in the "omg I want to kill that child" way.

As a dog owner, you know your dog and their behavior, ya know?

Well, this dumb little girl decides she wants to hug the dog, which I'm absolutely not allowing :smh: I've told her all day to leave the dog alone. Don't go around the dog. Let her stay in the room. Don't bother her, let's go do something else.

Well SOMEONE decided when they got home that it'd be a good idea to let this kid hug my dog as long as they held her head away from her face. I heard her scream from across the house and I was immediately f*cking L I V I D.

My cousin got mad at ME for it, said she wanted my dog put down but the hospital said because the dog is owned by family and the wound didn't even need stitches, they're not doing anything.

Every time she's asked me to watch that little girl after that, I'm like "You refuse to teach your kid about respect or boundaries and when she ignores what I said and faced the consequences, you blamed ME instead of your sh*t kid that doesn't listen or the person who thought it'd be a good idea to hold a dog down so a kid can squeeze her so f*ck you, tbh :laughga:"

The way people don't teach their kids about animal safety or boundaries (human or otherwise) is probably the biggest reason I hate kids.

Even now, I take my dog on daily walks and thank god she's good with people 'cause the parents just watch and smile as their kids run up and start petting and hugging a stranger's dog :smh:

It really is asinine the lack of common sense (or maybe even animal safety education) about animals so many people have nowadays. Hell, even my parent's male dacshund who has been with them for 11 years has known me that entire time will occasionally get snippy with me if he is in the wrong mood. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

PartySick
1 hour ago, HuffsAhoy said:

It really is asinine the lack of common sense (or maybe even animal safety education) about animals so many people have nowadays. Hell, even my parent's male dacshund who has been with them for 11 years has known me that entire time will occasionally get snippy with me if he is in the wrong mood. 

It's actually infuriating.

The dog I have now is the first one I've been entirely solely responsible for. I've socialized her, trained her well, she's in good health, all that. But she's still an animal and all it would take is the wrong person doing the wrong thing then my little four legged sweetheart can turn into a 60 pound throat-ripping-out machine :rip:

🖤

Archived