💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is NFR Lana's best record?

flyaway

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

For me, her holy trinity will always be her first three albums. They've been a bit different since then and NFR is still her style but notably different to how it was before. I totally understand why some people find it a bit boring but it's definitely a "songwriters" record that shows her talent. I think her recent album is better, though and is the same style taken to the max which is why I'm surprised it actually got lower critical scores.

56 minutes ago, Cersei Lannister said:

I know it’s a basic mainstream opinion but for me nothing has ever topped Born to Die + The Paradise Edition. That’s like a run of 24 songs where I love them all which almost never happens. LFL and UV come close though. I like all her albums including NFR but it just doesn’t have quite the touch that made her so interesting to me in the first place (and not just because they’re mostly ballads). I’d say BTD+P>UV>LFL>COCC>NFR>H

You don't need to downplay your opinion. Usually, I'm not part of mainstream opinion when it comes to music and even I think her debut is her best as well, especially when paired with the re-release. The debut is usually when an artist is their authentic self and when you got into them in the first place so it makes sense why it tends to be one of their best works. It's sad to hear that looking back on it, Lana doesn't hold it in quite the same esteem as the rest of us do and says she was still young and working things out when she made that record. I hope she didn't internalise all the negativity at the time. There are many artists who sing about much worse stuff, I don't get why she always got slammed for it. It's hard to find a female artist today who doesn't sing about toxic relationships and it was the same back when she debuted. Why was she so unnecessarily picked on for one of the most common song themes in the book?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P

I think so. Her other albums would all benefit from some refinement (still love them).

I also think NFR was a culmination of Lana’s riches as an artist, if that makes sense. It demonstrated her employing her signature style of songwriting and singing, but then doing so with a sense of self-awareness that she’s never really shown before.

The production is also by far her best, and probably the one that will age the best in a few years.  

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

username9384747

Nope, not in my opinion. I’ve listened to this album many different times on many different occasions to try to get on the hype train like everyone else is. But, I just can’t get into it, at all..

Bio

It might not be everyone’s favorite but it is objectively her best.

Archived