💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Star Wars: Bad Batch (Episode I on Disney+)

bionic

Featured Posts

Corona

I really don't understand SW fans. This and *most* of the Mandalorian are at most just okay quality shows and the majority of the fandom act like they're godlike masterpieces, while The Last Jedi got hated for being "too childish, bad jokes and going against canon". 

The way this show is too childish, has bad jokes and goes against canon literally in the first ten minutes:billie:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cdparky
2 hours ago, bionic said:

Watch the original trilogy:

• Episode IV: A New Hope
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
  • Episode Vi: Return of the Jedi

This. Then watch them again.

Thought The Force Awakens was fun as well, also thought Rogue One was excellent but watch it after the original trilogy.

I wouldn't bother with any of the other films. I found 3 & 8 just about watchable. The only reason to watch 1, 2, 9 or Solo is to argue over which one is worse.

Can't comment on any of the series.

bionic
2 minutes ago, Corona said:

I really don't understand SW fans. This and *most* of the Mandalorian are at most just okay quality shows and the majority of the fandom act like they're godlike masterpieces, while The Last Jedi got hated for being "too childish, bad jokes and going against canon". 

The way this show is too childish, has bad jokes and goes against canon literally in the first ten minutes:billie:

TBF they're equal levels of bad. This show is pretty much pure fan service (which is why its more enjoyable) and The Last Jedi is the obnoxious opposite of that

buy bionic

River
29 minutes ago, bionic said:

Totally agree, just trying to make it clear what order things go in :hug:

In 1975 Lucas created his own visual arts company (ILM) to work on the effects of Star Wars. ILM remains THE industry leader in movie visual effects

ooh yeah thanks for that, I'm saving this list, sorry if my comment felt rude :sweat:

I didn't know that! it's pretty amazing, I know that LucasArt was his video games company but now it's totally gone, Monkey Island was part of it, I miss it

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

bionic
1 minute ago, River said:

ooh yeah thanks for that, I'm saving this list, sorry if my comment felt rude :sweat:

I didn't know that! it's pretty amazing, I know that LucasArt was his video games company but now it's totally gone, Monkey Island was part of it, I miss it

Goood news: LucasArts was revived in January this year :party: 

buy bionic

River
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

Goood news: LucasArts was revived in January this year :party: 

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT:excited:

please tell me that monkey island is back

omg we're so off topic :toofunny:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Corona
16 minutes ago, bionic said:

TBF they're equal levels of bad. This show is pretty much pure fan service (which is why its more enjoyable) and The Last Jedi is the obnoxious opposite of that

I respectfully disagree, for me TLJ was the perfect balance between fan service and actually great new ideas. I understand why some might see them as obnoxious, but I personally don't. 

This show tho, lemme remain positive, this is me being positive:bear:

bionic

Episode 2 is out today. Haven't watched it yet but seems like hype evaporated lol

buy bionic

bionic

I watched episode two. It was boring fan service 

buy bionic

bionic

Episode 3 was...OK...the Bad Batch storyline was a copy of ones we've seen in Empire Strikes Back, TCW, AND Rebels so I'm kinda over it...

The Kamino story is going to be interesting tho

buy bionic

• 1 month later...
bionic

This week's episode was sooooo good, lots of throwbacks to Rebels. Not sure where this show is going in the long term.

buy bionic

judaspriest

While I dont dig this show (I guess I have kind of outgrown Star Wars), it really feels like the closest thing to Republic Commando 2.

bionic
7 minutes ago, Will Graham said:

While I dont dig this show (I guess I have kind of outgrown Star Wars), it really feels like the closest thing to Republic Commando 2.

Yeah it feels like the Bad Batch squad are just a plot device to enable fan service every week lmao. Their lack of air time this episode was criminal. If they wanted a 'rise of the Empire' show like they seem to from BB they should have done it as birth of the rebellion

buy bionic

judaspriest
25 minutes ago, bionic said:

Yeah it feels like the Bad Batch squad are just a plot device to enable fan service every week lmao. Their lack of air time this episode was criminal. If they wanted a 'rise of the Empire' show like they seem to from BB they should have done it as birth of the rebellion

And it's full of tiresome tropes. The psycho sniper is the traitorous one, really? In the cancelled Commando game the psycho sniper was gonna be the first soldier of the Rebellion!

Archived