Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Selena: The Series, Season 2 out now

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

ProfessionalClown
On 5/4/2021 at 8:47 AM, GovernmentHookah said:

Is the new season better than the first? I hope so considering the way the family made it completely about themselves and not about Selena. 

Well I mean...her upbringing and what she did before going solo was 100% from the family. It only makes sense it was about them as much as it was Selena.

you gotta remember it was Selena y Los dinos before it was just Selena. 

GovernmentHookah
2 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Well I mean...her upbringing and what she did before going solo was 100% from the family. It only makes sense it was about them as much as it was Selena.

you gotta remember it was Selena y Los dinos before it was just Selena. 

I agree! I just wish it was appropriately advertised as such. Regardless, I’ve got my own personal issues with the way the show was constructed but at the end of the day it does answer some questions that was left behind by the movie.

phantasmas

so her wigs were definitely better in pt 2 lol

all in all, i think Christian did a wonderful job of portraying Selena’s bubbly personality and even laugh and smile! 

i’m glad there wasn’t much of a dark storyline in pt 2 because it could have easily been all about Yolanda... but they chose to focus on Selena’s ambition and goals in life and how she was quickly making them a reality

ok bye im crying again :bradley:

Mister G

I was straight sobbing for 9 minutes during the last 15 minutes of the final episode.

ProfessionalClown
1 hour ago, Mister G said:

I was straight sobbing for 9 minutes during the last 15 minutes of the final episode.

Nothing hurt more than Jose Behar’s cry when putting up the Dreaming of You album in the hallways.

That was one of the most realistic cries I’ve ever seen from an actor.

LaLuna

Didn't think I'd cry but I did :bradley: 

3 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Nothing hurt more than Jose Behar’s cry when putting up the Dreaming of You album in the hallways.

This!!! That's the part that got me, it just felt so real

Cry Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I gotta say, I enjoyed part 2 a lot more. The Astrodome scene was perfect, you could tell Christian did her homework. The attention to detail was great, right down to the band-aid on Selena's finger. 

The series is far from perfect, especially part 1, but all in all I enjoyed it. And I'm glad they didn't focus on Yolanda more than absolutely necessary.

ProfessionalClown
3 hours ago, LaLuna said:

Didn't think I'd cry but I did :bradley: 

This!!! That's the part that got me, it just felt so real

Cry Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I gotta say, I enjoyed part 2 a lot more. The Astrodome scene was perfect, you could tell Christian did her homework. The attention to detail was great, right down to the band-aid on Selena's finger. 

The series is far from perfect, especially part 1, but all in all I enjoyed it. And I'm glad they didn't focus on Yolanda more than absolutely necessary.

Agreed. I wanna rewatch it but I just know I’m gonna cry again lmao. 

Selena will live in forever in our hearts and in her music. She may not have been with us for a long time but she created something that will, that’s something everyone strives to do.

💜💜💜💜

Flippy

I enjoyed Part 2 a lot more than Part 1, I was glad that one of my favorite (and underrated) songs of hers got the justice it deserved even if it was just for one episode (Ya No). 
What I didn’t care for was that they showed her performing the song live when in fact, she never got to perform the song live at all :bradley: How I really wish that would’ve happened 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Mister G
18 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Omg yes!! I lost it at that point. My bf had to check on me because it brought back all the memories from 1995.

Archived