Jump to content
audio

Newly surfaced Hypnotico demo (with Jlo vocal)


Featured Posts

Negev

Quick history of this track:

Originally penned for another artist in 2007 by Lady Gaga, Claude Kelly and RedOne in a songwriting session. Was recorded by Tami Chynn in 2008 for her début album, with production by RedOne. the song was ultimately scrapped and the song was left unused until Jennifer Lopez recorded it. It was remixed by Jimmy Joker and released on her Love? album. 

This is the version RedOne had done with Jlo's vocal. If you like this Gaga-penned song this is a very cool listen. 

  • YAAAS 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Defmix100
Posted (edited)

oh wow I thought Gaga wrote it specifically for J Lo

edit: also confused how much Jimmy Joker actually did because the Tami Chynn demo sounds pretty much the same

Edited by Defmix100
extra
Link to post
Share on other sites
Negev
17 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

oh wow I thought Gaga wrote it specifically for J Lo

edit: also confused how much Jimmy Joker actually did because the Tami Chynn demo sounds pretty much the same

Gaga kept the song to herself. per the leaked text exchange between her and RedOne, she decided to give it to Jlo in exchange for a production credit after he'd reused the instrumental melody from Judas for a Jlo track. 

For reference this is the final version with contribution from Jimmy Joker

All vocals were re-recorded and there is an extra chorus and ad lib. The instrumental was also tailored to suit the sound of the album. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeMo

God hearing that early red one production gives me major throwbacks to 2008/2009

www.youtube.com/jmremixes
Link to post
Share on other sites
Defmix100
3 minutes ago, Negev said:

Gaga kept the song to herself. per the leaked text exchange between her and RedOne, she decided to give it to Jlo in exchange for a production credit after he'd reused the instrumental melody from Judas for a Jlo track. 

For reference this is the final version with contribution from Jimmy Joker

All vocals were re-recorded and there is an extra chorus and ad lib. The instrumental was also tailored to suit the sound of the album. 

Oh gotcha that's interesting I always assumed the texts were only about Invading My Mind

Link to post
Share on other sites
BabylonChristmas

This is such an amazing song, especially Tami's demo of it. :enigma:

Link to post
Share on other sites
KEVIN STEVE

I thought Gaga didn't write the song, and was only credited as a compensation since RedOne was credited for Bad Romance

Link to post
Share on other sites
Benji
Posted (edited)

Didn’t Gaga get a writing credit on this because RedOne wrote/produced it and she said it sounded similar to Judas and wanted a credit so people couldn’t claim Gaga copied it?

Regardless, I’ve always loved this song.  RedOne knows how to make a bop.

Edited by Benji
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
DanceInTheDark
2 hours ago, Benji said:

Didn’t Gaga get a writing credit on this because RedOne wrote/produced it and she said it sounded similar to Judas and wanted a credit so people couldn’t claim Gaga copied it?

Regardless, I’ve always loved this song.  RedOne knows how to make a bop.

Im not sure but I think that was about Invading My Mind. That song sounds more similar to Judas.

soundcloud.com/brooklyn-nights
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BabylonChristmas
6 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

I thought Gaga didn't write the song, and was only credited as a compensation since RedOne was credited for Bad Romance

She wrote Hypnotico for Tami Chynn back in 2007 with Akon, Claude Kelly, RedOne, and Tami herself, but it didn't get new life until 2011 when it was released on J-Lo's album. You're probably talking about Invading My Mind. Gaga wanted compensation because RedOne used a sample of Judas on IMM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Negev
4 hours ago, BabylonChristmas said:

She wrote Hypnotico for Tami Chynn back in 2007 with Akon, Claude Kelly, RedOne, and Tami herself, but it didn't get new life until 2011 when it was released on J-Lo's album. You're probably talking about Invading My Mind. Gaga wanted compensation because RedOne used a sample of Judas on IMM.

That's exactly what happened. Gaga is definitely the writer of some of these lyrics "sunburn baby hurts like cra-azy" screams Gaga to me. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BabylonChristmas
50 minutes ago, Negev said:

That's exactly what happened. Gaga is definitely the writer of some of these lyrics "sunburn baby hurts like cra-azy" screams Gaga to me. 

Omg, yes, and the "Hungry for some yum yum, gonna get me some, some" line screams Gaga too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Negev
3 hours ago, BabylonChristmas said:

Omg, yes, and the "Hungry for some yum yum, gonna get me some, some" line screams Gaga too.

Yeah Gaga has very particular style of lyricism, you definitely can't miss when she pens a track, same as NOBTR when people question the legitimacy of her songwriting that one when "I could make you some food" line exists. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...