society

Cat missing for 13 years reunited with family

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

SEI_77220077.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=

A cat that went missing 13 years ago has been found and reunited with her owner.

Gemma Barbieri from Thetford, Norfolk, said she was "stunned" when she received a call saying 14-year-old Rose had been found.

Mr Barbieri said she "couldn't believe it" when Cats Protection's Downham Market Adoption Centre rang.

_118268053_rose-tyler.jpg

"I just blurted out 'have you found Rose?'," she said. "It was Rose. I was shaking."

Ms Barbieri said the family, who used to live in King's Lynn, had put up posters and knocked on doors when Rose went missing, and registered her on the microchip database in the hope she would be found eventually.

Rose was taken in by Cats Protection this year but her whereabouts for the last 13 years is not known.

Ms Barbieri said the cat was a healthy weight and in good condition, and settled "almost immediately" when she brought her home.

_118268055_rose1.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-56941901

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Love 23
Illuminati

Sounds like someone found her, continued to raise her as their own for 13 years thinking she was a stray cat.

And now she ran away from them :deadbanana:

• Like 5
Miss Dolly

The cat won’t even know the family 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
littlepotter

This is so wholesome :bradley:

won't you come with me?
  • Like 1
Pharamon

Man, mine has been gone for about 4 months now :(  but sadly I think sth happened to him, although I still have some hope :/ 

• Sad 2
Anderson123

Omg that's crazy. Can't imagine having the cat for one year then he goes missing for 13 years and comes back to die of old age in a couple of years. I mean it's a way to close the circle but what about the rest of his life. :(

sarahb
1 hour ago, Illuminati said:

Sounds like someone found her, continued to raise her as their own for 13 years thinking she was a stray cat.

And now she ran away from them :deadbanana:

Mess I didn't even think of this, now someone else has lost their cat :deadbanana:

roshogullu

i am convinced that the cat's life is such that it could be made into a sci-fi movie:gaycat:

Cat Spin GIF by Keanu Movie

• YAAAS 2