💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who is today's biggest pop star?

flyaway

Featured Posts

Luke78619

I do love how pop seems to be coming back a little bit. Remember around Joanne era or a bit after where pop was clearly DYING, but recently pop acts have been doing well again and we’re here for it :vegas: 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon

pEoPlE dOnT LisTeN tO taYLoR

is straight up one of the most ignorant thing I've seen on this forum lmao

Gam

the Taylor hate in here :air: some of you are pure delusional if you're denying she's at least top 3 pop stars atm

i'd say the top three are Ariana, Taylor and Dua

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

Mirrion Rizzons

Taylor has the biggest fanbase but Ariana just has more presence, even if her album sales are lower

Ariana has had 6 number ones (all memorable except for stuck with you and maybe the save your tears remix) since last 2018

Taylor, on the other hand, has not had a stable hit since 'I don't wanna live forever' in 2017

so in terms of: 

album sales: Taylor 

fanbase: Taylor 

presence: Ariana 

hit singles: Ariana 

Arguably, presence is more important than sales, like in the early 2010s, Katy and Rihanna had more number ones than gaga but Gaga's presence and impact over pop culture meant that she was THE pop star of the early 2010s 

SevenWonder

So Gaga isn't even top 5 anymore?

For females, I see most here say Tay, Ari, Dua, Billie, plus Rihanna and Adele if they release. Oh well. Our Gags had a great run.

Shhhhhhh
On 5/3/2021 at 1:49 AM, Charles Leclerc said:

Taylor? Of course she’s big, but definitely not in pop. Her pop songs are forgettable. Her latest big pop song is Blank Space and it was released in 2014. 

Than no one deserves that title cause all the pop songs released in present time are forgettable. 

Justin Drew Bieber
37 minutes ago, SevenWonder said:

So Gaga isn't even top 5 anymore?

For females, I see most here say Tay, Ari, Dua, Billie, plus Rihanna and Adele if they release. Oh well. Our Gags had a great run.

Gaga’s the 5th most streamed female on Spotify this decade so far so I wouldn’t count her out yet, her only other peers who are still going strong are Taylor and Rihanna (and whenever Adele releases)

RAMROD

Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Adele, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish

Up and coming: Olivia Rodrigo

The similarities these women above shares to each other: talent, great management, relevancy to the general people, easy listening music, wearable sense of style, relatability, and considerably far from scandals/negative image.

These things have always been keys to be household name in the biz. Having a clean cut reputation that doesn't offends people is still important, or otherwise lots will jump ships.

Think Gaga, Britney, or Miley in their peak, in 2009 before she making a huge statement on defending LGBTQIA+ in 2011 with Born This Way, which turns off large chunks of her early audience, or Britney in 2000 before she shaves her head and making it weird for many people in 2007. Or Miley who were this cute child star into someone who are perceived as loud person and into weed. 

I would like to say Rihanna and Beyoncé also still biggest pop star, but they are not selling music traditionally anymore, but more like an artsy project, along with them is Gaga, who I personally feel that, meanwhile remain popular, people largely don't see them as merely working pop stars anymore. They have transcends that image at this point of their career.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ThatGagaBoobStan

LADY GAGA :poot:

“I’ve got rain stored in the boobs”-Boobga 2020🤡

Cody James

Y’all Taylor haters must not have listened to Lover all the way through, cuz there are some amazing “pop” songs on there. Just because she didn’t promote it like 1989 or have the anticipation like Reputation doesn’t take away from the quality.

Cody James
On 5/6/2021 at 12:47 AM, RAMROD said:

Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Adele, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish

Up and coming: Olivia Rodrigo

The similarities these women above shares to each other: talent, great management, relevancy to the general people, easy listening music, wearable sense of style, relatability, and considerably far from scandals/negative image.

These things have always been keys to be household name in the biz. Having a clean cut reputation that doesn't offends people is still important, or otherwise lots will jump ships.

Think Gaga, Britney, or Miley in their peak, in 2009 before she making a huge statement on defending LGBTQIA+ in 2011 with Born This Way, which turns off large chunks of her early audience, or Britney in 2000 before she shaves her head and making it weird for many people in 2007. Or Miley who were this cute child star into someone who are perceived as loud person and into weed. 

I would like to say Rihanna and Beyoncé also still biggest pop star, but they are not selling music traditionally anymore, but more like an artsy project, along with them is Gaga, who I personally feel that, meanwhile remain popular, people largely don't see them as merely working pop stars anymore. They have transcends that image at this point of their career.

The ️ , sad ️ , but the ️ 

infinitecells
On 5/3/2021 at 11:43 AM, Aphasic said:

BTS? Do groups count?

Yeah why is noone talking about bts:huntyga:

Aphasic
5 hours ago, infinitecells said:

Yeah why is noone talking about bts:huntyga:

Then BTS is definitely the BIGGEST pop act out there right now.

Archived