Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who is today's biggest pop star?

flyaway

Featured Posts

Kadikaado

Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon
51 minutes ago, Charles Leclerc said:

Her impact is big, but her music is far from pop, sis :vegas: 

Anyway Adele say hello. She’s the biggest album seller of her generation. 

Are you completely ignoring 1989, reputation, lover and half of Red?

Charles Leclerc
3 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Are you completely ignoring 1989, reputation, lover and half of Red?

Of couse I'm not. 1989 was a huge pop album, but Reputation and Lover weren't that big. If we don't count 1989 her most successful albums aren't pop, so I wouldn't call her the biggest pop artist. She's big, but not in pop, that's a fact.

BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, chromatic puzea said:

LADY GAGA :firega:

Ma'am this is 2021 :ohwell:

Ronk

Ariana is the best singer, imo.  But who is the biggest pop star depends of the metrics chosen to rate them.

I live outside the space time continuum.

BlingNotTheMusic

Today's biggest? Ariana

I prefer Dua.

Taylor isn't that big outside the US...

BlingNotTheMusic
13 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

:lolly:

A00-C48-CE-97-C7-498-F-9944-6-FF96982457

Am I the only one shocked by this?

Magic Mike

What do you mean "biggest"? People are thinking about... transient, white, candid...popularity? Buabes think about iconicityWhy do you think you're discussing this on a LADY GAGA forum?

:saladga:

ELECTROHEART

Not Billie :triggered:, she's just viral

Probably Arichancla or Miss Dula Peepa

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Ronk
36 minutes ago, Hades said:

In my country it's Ariana. 

Good to hear.  :heart:   Is she the biggest in Hades also.  :giggle:

I live outside the space time continuum.

Helxig

It's really hard to say these days. Music is distributed and listened to way differently these days, so you can have multiple artists who are incredibly popular but all in different ways. Like for example Ariana probably gets the most radio play and everyone knows who she is, but Billie gets millions of streams from mostly her very dedicated fans and less radio play but people know her name, Taylor has had longevity to where every person on earth knows who she is and will give her new stuff a 'curiosity listen' so she does do numbers, other artists get a tonne of attention when they drop a song but then noone cares about them between singles, and then there are other artists who are incredibly huge on streaming platforms and online but the average person in the general public has no idea who they are because they don't get any radio play at all. Not to mention that it changes regionally/country-country.

So it's like, what is 'pop success' these days? The amount of radio play you get? How many online streams? Longevity vs bursts of virality? The amount of notoriety you have and how many people know who you are? The amount of venues you sell on tour? It's not as black and white as it used to be, when radio-play determined overall success in a world before streaming and online promotion

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Archived