Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
thought

Jewels N' Drugs isn't a bad song

Debithius

Featured Posts

HausOfAntonio
3 hours ago, Born This Way said:

I really wish the orchestra intro wasn't in it. There's something about it I hate and I just skip it.

Its literally like 5 seconds? :laughga:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
enissa11

i'm just gonna say one thing: i'd listen to more hip hop/trap if it were like this song.

Mad Architect of Light

Awakened M

I think this particular song is for the experience vs. strictly to just sit and listen to. As I am commenting, didn't Gaga say something about the album to be an EXPERIENCE?

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

Born This Way
45 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Its literally like 5 seconds? :laughga:

And that's all it takes :cryga:

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

Debithius
1 hour ago, Born This Way said:

And that's all it takes :cryga:

I gotta agree...:ladyhaha:I don't understand either. Seems like so much work for one song hahaha

Bolkins

Its probably one of her few songs I’ve never warmed to. Idk what it is, it feels too hammy to me and the featured artists felt like they were the only ones available at the time nothing about it says genuine to me. 

11 hours ago, Lucas said:

Hm I think back then people were already getting used of getting male rappers features on pop girls' songs.

The reason I never like it is because it sounds like 4 different songs cut and put together. Also it's so try hard and lazy at the time.

That. Some people on SoundCloud had literally put verses from 3 different pop girl songs and it fit

Eggs
12 hours ago, AloraRola said:

For me it's the lyrics that destroys the song. Like, Gaga is a great writer and she could write a good rap song, but she made the most basic and stereotypical rap song there could be in terms of the lyrics

This!! The production is very good, I enjoy the melodies on Gaga's parts and I'm not a rap connoseur by any means so my ability to judge is impaired but I enjoyed the featured artists' parts. I just feel Gaga's parts feel a little... problematic. Gaga the privileged white girl from a prestigious Catholic private school decides to do a trap song and calls it... Jewels n' Drugs and sings things like 'slap honey on young pancake'.

Whether intended as parody or played straight, it does feel a tad disrespectful.

S0436

It isn’t as cringe worthy as when Madonna dabbled in that arena 

laugh laughing GIF

Archived