Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
thought

Jewels N' Drugs isn't a bad song

Debithius

Featured Posts

Debithius

To be honest, JND isn't a bad song at all. I have always loved the chaotic nature of it. I honestly think that the only reason it is considered to be Gaga's worst song is because her fanbase at the time didn't listen to that kind of music. It is her most polarizing song I would say, not worst. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucas

Hm I think back then people were already getting used of getting male rappers features on pop girls' songs.

The reason I never like it is because it sounds like 4 different songs cut and put together. Also it's so try hard and lazy at the time.

Reid LePage

I love it for the fact that when she played it live for the first time that her intent was to jump out of the blonde pop girl box that her label put her in! She's having a good time with all her friends making whatever music she f*cking wants! CLLG and those visuals she made is a testament to that as well.

Glamourpuss

I think most fans don't like it because it sounds like a song Gaga wouldn't make and doesn't really have her stamp on it but it's not a bad song. 

LittleMonster20

DJWS went off on the production and the chorus is pretty good I just don’t like the rap verses though. I can also appreciate the song for the diversity it brings to her discography as she doesn’t have many songs like this.

Cookie Tookie

The more people hate on it, the more it becomes one of my favorite Gaga songs

AloraRola

For me it's the lyrics that destroys the song. Like, Gaga is a great writer and she could write a good rap song, but she made the most basic and stereotypical rap song there could be in terms of the lyrics

Anderson123

I've always liked the song but never really loved it. I can see what they were trying to do with it and I like that but it's too much. T.I.'s part is good, Gaga's part is good, Too Short is great but by the time they get to Twista I'm already exhaused and it's a 4 minute song. Too much tension that is never released at any point. DJWS snapped with the production.

GagasEarCondom

I joke around about it alot but I actually like the song

There's no skips on ARTPOP for me

Its not my favorite but its fun

"escucha las palabras de las brujas" (dont mind me Im just possessing DJWS'S Hard drive for ACT II)

ARTGOD

It’s a genius song and I stand by it.

The instrumental is one of her best ever. It’s so weird and colorful and the way it constantly changes makes it feel like a trap odyssey.

The lyrics are also interesting because they feel like a parody of trap music. You get all these references to common topics in rap like money, drugs and hustling, but in a way that makes no sense. It sounds like Gaga is regurgitating common rap tropes to poke fun at them.

I would understand the hate it if it was a generic rap song that sounded like Gaga was jumping on a bandwagon. But it’s far from that, it’s the most Gaga trap song you could possibly make: weird, dramatic and funny all around.

It also fits the album because it’s really electronic too, in fact it features more EDM elements than some other songs on the album.

Debithius
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

The reason I never like it is because it sounds like 4 different songs cut and put together. Also it's so try hard and lazy at the time.

That's the point of ARTPOP tbh. This song embodies (sonically) the essence of ARTPOP.

Archived