💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
thought

Jewels N' Drugs isn't a bad song

Debithius

Featured Posts

GAMS

I'd also like to throw it that the song served a purpose, whether or not it's liked. The collab featured three of the most iconic rappers who openly supported the end of homophobia in the rap world. This was a huge deal for them to collab with Gaga. Kudos for them to executing something dope and fresh.

GAMS, gay popstar

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
9 minutes ago, GAMS said:

I'd also like to throw it that the song served a purpose, whether or not it's liked. The collab featured three of the most iconic rappers who openly supported the end of homophobia in the rap world. This was a huge deal for them to collab with Gaga. Kudos for them to executing something dope and fresh.

"Jewels N' Drugs" is also a song I did with DJ White Shadow, and he really shines on hip-hop records, and he hails from Chicago, so there’s a lot of trap influence on this song; but it really starts on kind of in a space where trap music started, and really grows into a more electronic, sort of innovative progressive-trap song. And I was really excited to work with T.I., to work with Too $hort - who’s really amazing - and Twista, who’s from Chicago. So, you know, that’s a very special song for me. Also, because a lot of times when I have these hip-hop collaborations, they like, dissipate, into thin air; and I think it’s because, these rappers like, go back into their crews, and their groups, and everybody goes like “I don’t know if you should work with Lady Gaga, ‘cause she’s got like, gay fans, and you know, I don’t know if that’s gonna be a good look for you…” but these guys are totally fearless, and they just don’t care about any of that, and they really wanted to make a record that was inclusive, that involved everybody, and they weren’t afraid to bring those communities together and put them in one room, and I really appreciate that.

:applause:

🖤

Born This Way

I really wish the orchestra intro wasn't in it. There's something about it I hate and I just skip it.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

Monsieur D

I love it and I don't care what people say about it :jase:

It's a bop and I bop HARD TO IT. 

I dance to it, I play it in my car, I train with it.

I loved it since day one.

Donatella as well is pretty hated in here, but it's a BOP.

Big Reputation

Jewels N Drugs remains my favourite Gaga song :vegas:

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

Magnetic Moon

Of course is not a bad song. It’s only for people With good taste 🙏🏻 And I’m part

of that group. 

Prostitute Barbie

How I used to feel about it: :saladga:

How I feel about it in 2021: :firega:

Especially compared to so many other rap songs that have the same 4 notes put to a repetitive beat, I think the complex production makes it one of the most interesting things she’s ever done 

HuffsAhoy

One of the best on ARTPOP :ohwell:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

gypsy101
3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Hm I think back then people were already getting used of getting male rappers features on pop girls' songs.

The reason I never like it is because it sounds like 4 different songs cut and put together. Also it's so try hard and lazy at the time.

how can you be trying hard and lazy at the same time

Suspiria
4 hours ago, AloraRola said:

For me it's the lyrics that destroys the song. Like, Gaga is a great writer and she could write a good rap song, but she made the most basic and stereotypical rap song there could be in terms of the lyrics

I was also surprised she let some of those guest lyrics go on her album. Like TI literally raps about organised murder and shootings. Doesnt that kinda go against everything Gaga's ever preached about:wtf: The whole theme of the song is weird given her thing at the time was "music not the bling".

Regardless, DJWS went OFF with that production, like he was just showing off on that thing. And I do enjoy Gaga's vocal delivery. Overall this song is definitely not one of her worst songs, I'd say it's more mid-tier.

Better Day

I’m still convinced JnD was made to be rebellious against her label

Together You And I!

Lucas
1 hour ago, gypsy101 said:

how can you be trying hard and lazy at the same time

Yup that was a weird statement from me but the song is trying so hard to be the typical rap/trap song with bossy bad bxtch lyrics and many rappers featured etc, while at the same time it sounds like 4 different songs cut and put together like those fanmade collabs on youtube and pushing into the stereotypes of those amateur collabs which feels quite lazy. To me, at least

ShayCristoforo

It’s not bad, it was just a bizarre move. To go from BTW album to an album that includes hip hop. I appreciate it though, although the song seems a bit forced if you know what I mean. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

HausOfAntonio

JnD is a GREAT song. The instrumental is immaculately produced, Gaga’s verse is a slap, all the features do a great job, its catchy and edgy. Just wish they’d kept the breakdown tbh.

Archived