💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is it safe to say TFM is Gaga's magnum opus?

flyaway

Featured Posts

Kadikaado

Yes, I think it is. Gaga's signature song is in it (Bad Romance). Alejandro and Telephone are also some of her most well known song, she was critically acclaimed and commercially successful. More than Born This Way, by the time BTW was happening people were already calling her a flop.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Drew Bieber

Born This Way will always be her magnum opus, and I’m confident she’d agree

Fresco

As I said in the other thread discussing this, her magnum opus isn't written yet. 

Give her some motivation to use her considerabke skills in her 30's. She's so young yet.

beaublue

I feel like everyone has mutually acknowledged BTW as the magnum opus. It simply just is. That era was literally life changing, I feel bad for people who weren’t around to experience it.

LandonM170

I think it was Born This Way was her magnum opus. The Fame Monster was a pop culture moment but Born This Way was what The Fame Monster did however with an important message! The message is in songs like: Marry The Night, Born This Way, Judas, Hair, Scheiße, Bad Kids, and The Queen. While TFM is an incredible body of work Born This Way is superior to it in terms of a better album. While you can personally like TFM more than BTW, BTW is a better album than TFM in terms of the message! 

LandonM170
44 minutes ago, Kadikaado said:

Yes, I think it is. Gaga's signature song is in it (Bad Romance). Alejandro and Telephone are also some of her most well known song, she was critically acclaimed and commercially successful. More than Born This Way, by the time BTW was happening people were already calling her a flop.

magnum opus means the most large or important piece of art, music, etc. While the TFM is one of the best pop albums of all time BTW is her magnum opus with the message behind it. TFM is an amazing piece of art however BTW is a lot more important piece of art than TFM! 

JennyWayne
1 hour ago, kukuryku666 said:

if more means 0

Americano, Fashion Of His Love, Highway Unicorn, The Queen, Electric Chair :huntyga: Never cared about these songs.

They're not fillers but I think Y&I, TEOG and Bloody Mary are pretty overrated in the fandom too. They're obviously not bad songs at all, but definitely not career highlights. I prefer Scheiße, Judas and HML any day.

1 hour ago, Bio said:

TFM has only 8 tracks and it still has one filler so....

Another unpopular opinion but I don't even dislike Teeth. It's just really different sonically from the rest of the album.

And I mean, the rest of the album is filled with iconic singles, pop-perfection album tracks (Monster, DITD, SHICD) and Speechless which is still one of my favourite Gaga ballads to this day. Then there's Teeth, which is admittedly the worst song the album, but definitely not terrible at all.

Lady Adga

Most have spoken, and I agree, her magnum opus is Born This Way

200.gif

js4754394o9823
14 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

Americano, Fashion Of His Love, Highway Unicorn, The Queen, Electric Chair :huntyga: Never cared about these songs.

They're not fillers but I think Y&I, TEOG and Bloody Mary are pretty overrated in the fandom too. They're obviously not bad songs at all, but definitely not career highlights. I prefer Scheiße, Judas and HML any day.

You not caring doesn't make song a filler

All of those tracks have meanings and were made with care and love

Especially Americano with lyrics about about immigration law and gay marriage

Filler is a meaningless song just to fill the space

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Born This Way

The real answer is Born This Way.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

FFXIV WhiteMage

Both are my favorite though I would have to agree that BTW has the biggest impact not only on music but also on the society. 

But my all time favorite song (not only in Gaga's discography but of all time) is Bad Romance :firega:

ChicaSkas
3 hours ago, Admin said:

Her magnum opus is Born This Way.

Bad Romance and the 7 songs that surround it are a close second. But if the book were to be closed today, you are 100 percent correct. Culturally and historically it's Born This Way all the way. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Debithius

Her Magnum Opus is Born This Way hands down. There so question about it at all.

FentyGa

it’s not her best, but it is her most important work, which it what a magnum opus is. either TFM or TF

she really peaked early lol

Archived