Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is it safe to say TFM is Gaga's magnum opus?

flyaway

Featured Posts

Grim

I don't see her ever topping BTW or TFM unless she goes metal so it's a pretty safe bet I'd say:giveup:

I'm probably wrong

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gabi001

Most commercially succesfull doesn't mean magnum opus. Her magnum opus is BTW.

I'm not having fun tonight.

monketsharona
1 minute ago, Admin said:

Magnum opus means best and most important work, not biggest.

Also, it's not really fair to say it was her “best-selling“ or “longest-charting“ because Billboard combines the sales of The Fame and The Fame Monster. 

And I think TF / TFM has some of her most important works ever. You just have to see how much she's still singing the content from her debut era compared to BTW.

And in terms of sale / streams, TF / TFM is still getting much more streams / sales than BTW everyday.

That said BTW is her fans favorite and most engaged, no doubt of it.  

mamo

The Fame Monster for me is my favourite gaga album tbh - i think the era itself was iconic and the visuals we got were absolutely exceptional and literally some of the best in pop music history (bad romance, alejandro, telephone). It's also my favourite album conceptually of hers where she explained how each song is a representation of her fears. Plus I think Bad Romance is the greatest pop song in history tbh not sure if that's an unpopular opinion on here but it's such a larger than life anthem and it perfectly encapsulates everything I love about Gaga. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Putang Ina Mo
21 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

TFM is my fav album by her, but I would say BTW is her magnum opus  

Same thoughts

my username says it all 🇵🇭

VasilisVas

I say TFM is her magnum opus with BTW being a close second.

MelbHawker

Born This Way is her magnum opus, although TFM serves as it too. Born This Way was just a little more Gaga though. 

Admin
13 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

And I think TF / TFM has some of her most important works ever. You just have to see how much she's still singing the content from her debut era compared to BTW.

And in terms of sale / streams, TF / TFM is still getting much more streams / sales than BTW everyday.

That said BTW is her fans favorite and most engaged, no doubt of it.  

Hey I don't mean to sound annoying, but you're talking about TF / TFM, when the thread is about TFM. The Fame and The Fame Monster are two separate bodies of work.

Hades

Born This Way was bold, risky and unique. It's her Magnum Opus for me. :vegas:

Songs like Just Dance and money honey are catchy but nowhere near the elegance of Bloody Mary or Marry the night. 

Ivy

I believe it's Born This Way. She showed with this album that she was going to be more than just a pop star. TFM is iconic tho

JaysAMess

As much as I adore TFM, no. Her magnum opus is definitely Born This Way.

Killa

tfm kinda represents what most  people of gaga. 

BTW left a great impression because it had more soul overall. Not that the previous work didnt, it's just that it has such a lively feel, you can experience some of her joy. There's something very fresh about that work, besides trying to craft a good pop record.

Archived