life

Fan receives Chromatica poster as free gift

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Schwerk

The problem lies with whoever thought about offering a quite large amount of signed posters in the first place. 

This was completely impractical and inconsiderate towards Gaga.

Her autograph is worth more than 10 bucks

She is dedicated, the type of person that doesn't want to print her autograph but actually sign something. Her time is worth more than the low amount they ask for the signed poster or album cover.

She needs assistance with signing, it goes faster if someone fans out the album covers for her so she can quickly sign many of them. This is why they are all signed on the left corner. Posters are way more impractical to sign quickly and are big, more fragile and harder to store/stack in her office or dining room table or take with her somewhere.

This type of marketing reminds me of her emotional revulsion summit speech. She doesn't want to be a machine and do something she isn't passionate about. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

SwissMonster
3 hours ago, alsemanche said:

But that's what I don't get: she could have spent 3 minutes per day on poster signing and they would have been done in no time. It's just a weird thing for me that people think signing a poster a hard task. It's really not and it can be done easily without even putting effort into it. This whole situation is so strange. 

Honestly...I don‘t think Gaga has a single clue about these posters nnnn. It’s just the team who manages her Merchandising who messed up in my opinion. I doubt Gaga was sitting there like „nope not gonna do that“.

OT: I don‘t get why people are mad about getting the poster as the free gift? Like okay its not signed but you got it for free? I would gladly take it if somebody doesn‘t want it. Y‘all got your money back. They could‘ve left it at that but no they decided to give everyone a free gift. Y‘all complain about everything these days.

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

ThisGuyTony

I wanted a signed one but I’ll take a free poster regardless. :vegas:

Chromatography
4 hours ago, Admin said:

I don‘t think you can say that she was “once passionate“ about signed merch when Chromatica was the pretty much the first time she did them. Before that, she only signed stuff at events, and they once put up signed albums for ASIB but those were (really) limited.

And when she did sit down and spent hours signing thousands of those Chromatica art cards — her fans weren‘t happy because apparently she was supposed to write a whole letter for $10 (technically, $0 because the $10 was for the album).

I'm not surprised she didn't want to sign the posters, and I wouldn't be surprised if they never sell signed merch again.

idk why you’re being so snarky to everyone in this thread. if she didn’t want to sign the posters, that’s fine. it would’ve been so much better to not sell them in the first place or cancel them earlier than a YEAR after they went on sale. people are also allowed to be disappointed in getting an L when its not so far fetched to expect a full signature for a signed art card. the situation sucks for EVERYONE so no one has a right to be outright nasty about it, any of the fans, her team, and certainly not you :interestinga:

thatfoxyfeeling
2 hours ago, Admin said:

Did the product description say “booklet“? I'm pretty sure it said “cover“.

You ordered an autographed album cover and you got an autographed album cover.

SharedImage-102892.png?t=3b677bd8b0ab326

To be fair my 'autographed' album cover literally just had an L on it, the complete opposite to her signature. I was disappointed and it ended up in the bin instead of a frame, not a big deal in the scheme of things but at the end of the day don't advertise a product and sell it on her official store if Gaga was too busy to sign it herself. 

Tinnitus15

can someone say why some of you are mad?Like isn't it cool that at least the fan got the poster?

SKANK
36 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

can someone say why some of you are mad?Like isn't it cool that at least the fan got the poster?

The free poster is obviously a very nice gesture, but it also doesn’t compare to a poster signed by your hero. After nearly a year of being strung along by a company before they decide to cancel your order, it’s reasonable to be annoyed.

Acknowledging that Gaga’s merch store is a mess shouldn’t be seen as a personal insult to her, and fans who spent their hard earned money during a pandemic shouldn’t be insulted and shamed when they express disappointment in the flaws of her merch store.

Everyone should chill a little.

Delulu Rogers
6 hours ago, KillerMonster said:

So it was because Gaga didn’t want to sign them. :enigma: 

6 hours ago, alsemanche said:

So the posters exist, she just didn't bother signing them? Am I understanding this correctly? :billie:

It's cause she was busy promoting chromatica 

Delulu Rogers
3 hours ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

It's not that people are complaining (I'm a little disappointed too), it's that people are taking this as an opportunity to drag her character when that's completely unwarranted. 

There has been hardly any ppl on this thread dragging her character. Some of the people complaining about the complainers really tend to exaggerate what was said. Ppl are talking like this thread is a war zone when it's actually pretty calm. 

In regards to the unsigned poster, people are upset because for months it was speculated that the reason the order was cancelled was because the posters didn't exist. People were giving her the benefit of the doubt while other super gaga-defensive people said that the posters not existing was 100% the reason.

Now we know that they do exist meaning that it's most likely that gaga just didn't want to sign them. It just makes it seem so unprofessional and adds to the confusion, cancellation and broken promises list she is known for by her fans. It makes it even more frustrating when we know she had a low-key 2020 post June when the posters were originally ordered. To us, it seems like she could have easily signed a few copies a day during quarantine, phone calls, reading the gucci script, etc. We all know she wasn't busy with the chromatica era. 

At the end of the day, IMO the frustration is valid and definitely not as vicious or unreasonable as what some people are trying to make it out to be. 

Roughhouse Dandy
1 hour ago, Delulu Rogers said:

Now we know that they do exist meaning that it's most likely that gaga just didn't want to sign them. It just makes it seem so unprofessional and adds to the confusion, cancellation and broken promises list she is known for by her fans. It makes it even more frustrating when we know she had a low-key 2020 post June when the posters were originally ordered. To us, it seems like she could have easily signed a few copies a day during quarantine, phone calls, reading the gucci script, etc. We all know she wasn't busy with the chromatica era. 

And this is exactly what I was talking about, so thanks for giving a perfect example. 

Just because she wasn't busy with Chromatica stuff doesn't mean her life was "low-key". We have no clue what's all going on in her life. We don't know if she had medical issues, family issues, life problems, mental health issues, etc... She's not a work horse and she doesn't owe us anything. The only people her *brand* owed some of us were signatures, and for reasons we have absolutely no clue about, she didn't have the time or energy to sign her name literally thousands of times. 

She's already said publicly that some of the things that were expected of her made her feel like she was being bought and sold as an object so for her happiness she learned to say no. And if the only reason why we weren't able to get those things signed was that she didn't feel like it, that's a perfectly acceptable one. Especially after her "L" signature made so many people start screeching angrily. Idk I guess expecting people to be a little more appreciative after she's broken her hip performing, presumably had a relapse, had a mental breakdown, almost quit music all together, and almost killed herself is too optimistic. 

They could have just refunded people, but instead they *lost* money by sending people free posters. And yet the fans still aren't satisfied.

It really is the ungratefulness for me. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Archived