politics

Thousands of EU citizens in the UK risk losing their legal status

Featured Posts

Miss Dolly

“THOUSANDS of people are at risk of becoming “illegal” immigrants in the UK as the deadline approaches for them to register with the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS), immigration experts and charities have said.

The warning came with the deadline just two months away, amid claims many of its repercussions are hidden. A conference on the EUSS, organised by the charity Work Rights Centre (WoRC), heard it had received hundreds of queries about the scheme and its impact on people’s employment prospects.” 
Source: https://www.thenational.scot/news/19272870.thousands-eu-citizens-uk-risk-losing-legal-status-charities-warn/?fbclid=IwAR1z50YXSokdVmu_byeK7kki4unKovv1smfRqo__4VphU_gRp5KfeJDIFKQ

Brexit needs to be reversed. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 2
PunkTheFunk

See, when you do Brexitry...

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
Benji

One does wonder how some many people (Europeans in the UK and Britons in the EU) are missing these deadlines for getting their documents in order.  Like all of those Britons in Spain, you literally had to sign some documents confirming your status and because they didn’t, they’re being kicked out!?  It takes five minutes girls :koons:

Miss Dolly
5 minutes ago, Benji said:

One does wonder how some many people (Europeans in the UK and Britons in the EU) are missing these deadlines for getting their documents in order.  Like all of those Britons in Spain, you literally had to sign some documents confirming your status and because they didn’t, they’re being kicked out!?  It takes five minutes girls :koons:

Kind of my point of view as well. The people being kicked out of Spain is the ones that never knew what they were voting for. It’s like being shocked at getting your face eaten off when one votes for the Leopards Eating Faces Party 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Like 1
Benji
2 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Kind of my point of view as well. The people being kicked out of Spain is the ones that never knew what they were voting for. It’s like being shocked at getting your face eaten off when one votes for the Leopards Eating Faces Party 

Literally!  The adverts were inescapable in the UK for getting ready for Brexit and I know the same sort of campaign was happening in the EU where there were a lot of British expats living... I don’t really feel much for anyone in this situation :laughga:

• Like 1
DpHitch1992

As a brit living in the netherlands, i really dont understand why people are leaving it last minute? I sorted my visa as soon as I had the chance because i was worried even a year before the deadline incase of any complications lol

• Like 2
Benji
16 hours ago, DpHitch1992 said:

As a brit living in the netherlands, i really dont understand why people are leaving it last minute? I sorted my visa as soon as I had the chance because i was worried even a year before the deadline incase of any complications lol

This so much.  I feel like Britons and Europeans had more than fair warning on getting this sorted :laughga:

• Like 1