Jump to content
politics

67% of people in Republic of Ireland support United Ireland


Featured Posts

Benji
1 minute ago, Miss Dolly said:

He does. I liked Corbyn and think he should of won in 2017. Labour just seems to be infighting ever since Miliband stood down. Blair and Campbell just under minded Corbyn at every single chance they got that that’s why May scraped into No. 10 by a thread. 
 

Raab would be just a puppet in my opinion just like the incumbent. We’ll just have to see. I don’t see Boris Johnson lasting the year. I’m surprised he hasn’t resigned yet with reports last year. 

I think the tories were going to oust him in January but his agreement to a third lockdown is what kept him hanging on.  I think he’s on his way out now the pandemic is coming to a close and they need their fall guy :triggered:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Miss Dolly

    19

  • Benji

    11

  • bionic

    4

  • Living

    4

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With only 35% wanting that in Northern Ireland though, it won’t happen anytime soon. I can’t say I blame them to be fair, we moan about wealth inequality in the U.K. but it’s an even bigger chasm

mess era for the united kingdom

When the polls started to show a slide towards the union I started to post those threads as well.    I want all Scottish politics in one thread. I’ve asked @Admin @[email protected] For a politics

Living
23 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

We are having a discussion.... 

it’s not tho, most of these threads are just you and Benji. I’m interested but at this point it’s just slinging poo

Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Dolly
3 minutes ago, Benji said:

I think the tories were going to oust him in January but his agreement to a third lockdown is what kept him hanging on.  I think he’s on his way out now the pandemic is coming to a close and they need their fall guy :triggered:

Yeah, they will oust him and Gove will come in and “save the party and the union”. The tories only care about the party, not their leader. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
Link to post
Share on other sites
Benji
6 minutes ago, polishmonster said:

XX Century saw peak of the British Empire and its slow fall

XXI Century will witness disolution of the United Kingdom with Scotland wanting independence, unification of Ireland and Australia and Canada having presidents after Queen Elizabeth II death

I wouldn’t bank on the second part of your comment.  I think the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are about to become very closely aligned and will also ask the US to join them in a full mutual recognition act on standards and equivalence.  “CANZUK” has a lot of approval across all of the nations involved.

As long as Charles passes the crown on to William, I think the monarchy will survive.  If it doesn’t however, I don’t believe the commonwealth will ever die.  The U.K. has been a key member in supplying the common wealth with vaccines and stepped in when the EU banned exports to Australia.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Dolly
1 minute ago, Living said:

it’s not tho, most of these threads are just you and Benji. I’m interested but at this point it’s just slinging poo

Bionic joined it. It’s not “slinging poo” we are having a civilised conversation about the future of the Labour and Tory party. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Benji
4 minutes ago, Living said:

it’s not tho, most of these threads are just you and Benji. I’m interested but at this point it’s just slinging poo

To be fair, we only disagree on one thing... everything else we align on and mostly agree with eachother

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
monster4life231

I support Ireland being united, although that's almost expected since my mum's family is from a Catholic Republic of Ireland background (one of my great great grandfathers was part of the old IRA around the 1920s who I assume actively tried to unite Ireland). However, I think that unity must come at a later date. The political tensions in Northern Ireland still exist and I think that a border poll at the moment would only cause more violence. I would prefer there to be a border poll at least in the next 10 years. I think that the Protestant/Unionist communities in the North should be able to accept that a border poll must take place soon. After all, most of them agreed to the Good Friday Agreement which stipulated that if there was support for a border poll then it should be respected. I do fear though that whatever the outcome violence will follow and the "losing" side will most likely not accept the result. Ireland is in such a delicate situation and I that all approaches to politics in Ireland must be dealt with care, compassion and consideration for all communities. whether they be Catholic, Republican, Protest, Unionist, or any other identity.

These are only my thoughts though and I recognise that I only have some knowledge of the history of Ireland and its politics, although I have tried in the past year to educate myself on this topic as I do take a great interest in it. 

spread peace - #MJInnocent
Link to post
Share on other sites
Living
6 hours ago, Benji said:

To be fair, we only disagree on one thing... everything else we align on and mostly agree with eachother

Oh I know, and I actually enjoy most of the treads but sometimes it just feels like this topic is over posted in so many threads. 
 

I’m not 100% sure how the site mods work but, I would be good to get an OT for The state of the union that can be updated in there as there are so many of these.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Dolly
6 minutes ago, Living said:

Oh I know, and I actually enjoy most of the treads but sometimes it just feels like this topic is over posted in so many threads. 
 

I’m not 100% sure how the site mods work but, I would be good to get an OT for The state of the union that can be updated in there as there are so many of these.

The Northern Ireland situation is totally different than the one in Scotland or the rest of the nations. They could be topics on the state of the union for each country. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
Link to post
Share on other sites
Living
21 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

The Northern Ireland situation is totally different than the one in Scotland or the rest of the nations. They could be topics on the state of the union for each country. 

I am aware, my previous point still stands. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Dolly
2 minutes ago, Living said:

I am aware, my previous point still stands. 

What do you propose then? 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
Link to post
Share on other sites
Benji
55 minutes ago, Living said:

Oh I know, and I actually enjoy most of the treads but sometimes it just feels like this topic is over posted in so many threads. 
 

I’m not 100% sure how the site mods work but, I would be good to get an OT for The state of the union that can be updated in there as there are so many of these.

I understand what you mean.  I did post a thread that actually shown support for independence is actually in the minority but you wouldn’t know that from all of the other threads here... hence why I started posting :bear:

I think keeping one thread on Scottish Independence could work with only actual big news like a result, election etc. getting it’s own thread but we’ll see, I’m sure the mods will step in if they decide to :messga:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Dolly
1 hour ago, Benji said:

I understand what you mean.  I did post a thread that actually shown support for independence is actually in the minority but you wouldn’t know that from all of the other threads here... hence why I started posting :bear:

I think keeping one thread on Scottish Independence could work with only actual big news like a result, election etc. getting it’s own thread but we’ll see, I’m sure the mods will step in if they decide to :messga:

When the polls started to show a slide towards the union I started to post those threads as well. 
 

I want all Scottish politics in one thread. I’ve asked @Admin @Dominic@FATCAT For a politics section/subsection so all political stuff is in one place with maybe pinned threads for say Scottish issues etc 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
monster4life231
17 hours ago, Miss Dolly said:

When the polls started to show a slide towards the union I started to post those threads as well. 
 

I want all Scottish politics in one thread. I’ve asked @Admin @Dominic@FATCAT For a politics section/subsection so all political stuff is in one place with maybe pinned threads for say Scottish issues etc 

Tbh I now use Gaga Daily to discuss politics more than I do Gaga :huntyga: so I think all Scottish politics in one thread would be great. 

spread peace - #MJInnocent
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Dolly
20 minutes ago, monster4life231 said:

Tbh I now use Gaga Daily to discuss politics more than I do Gaga :huntyga: so I think all Scottish politics in one thread would be great. 

It would be wonderful as long as we get a Politics section/subsection. I may change the title of the Scottish Election thread when it’s over 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...