politics

67% of people in Republic of Ireland support United Ireland

Featured Posts

Benji
2 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

I highly doubt Labour will be anywhere near power in 2024. The Tories are still over 14 points and Starmer is hardly making a dent. I thought Keir was going to be PM in 2024 but he’s went down massively in my opinion. 

We’ll have to see, I personally think if he just flashes some more personality he could do it.

I predict in the next few years we’ll see a return to the centre.  Murdoch wants to kill off GB News as it’ll take Trumpism off him.  The Conservatives will most likely pick Hunt as their new leader and politics will probably calm down and be about the centre rather than the extremes.

If it came down to Hunt vs Starmer, I think Starmer could have a chance as long as he can keep bringing the fight to them rather than being a flannel and not doing anything.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miss Dolly

• Benji

• bionic

• Living

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With only 35% wanting that in Northern Ireland though, it won’t happen anytime soon. I can’t say I blame them to be fair, we moan about wealth inequality in the U.K. but it’s an even bigger chasm

mess era for the united kingdom

When the polls started to show a slide towards the union I started to post those threads as well.    I want all Scottish politics in one thread. I’ve asked @Admin @[email protected] For a politics

Miss Dolly
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

I wouldn't really compare the two given the hugely different circumstances that led to the GFA and Irish independence

I understand that. The GFA did ease the tensions massively. If the GFA hadn’t happened I wonder what would of happened to Ireland 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
Gagasfirstnose
Just now, Benji said:

We’ll have to see, I personally think if he just flashes some more personality he could do it.

I predict in the next few years we’ll see a return to the centre.  Murdoch wants to kill off GB News as it’ll take Trumpism off him.  The Conservatives will most likely pick Hunt as their new leader and politics will probably calm down and be about the centre rather than the extremes.

If it came down to Hunt vs Starmer, I think Starmer could have a chance as long as he can keep bringing the fight to them rather than being a flannel and not doing anything.

Do you really see the public voting for Hunt? Can't see them voting for either unless its a case of Biden and Trump where they are both unpalatable and u gotta pick  the lesser of two evils.

With regard to the topic, as a black fella always been treated so well in both N. I and the republic. Friendliest people ever. Have relations living in both parts of the island. I'm all for what the people want but it really comes down to N.I moreso than the republic. Just no one wants to go back to the troubles.

• Like 1
Living

Can’t you both just message each other? 

Miss Dolly
2 minutes ago, Benji said:

The thing about Keir it seems a bit wishywashy when it comes to policies. I have had a Scottish Labour leaflet through my door and their policies are just very vague. They are a proposing a “National Recovery” but they don’t explain what it entails. If Labour wants to win in 2024 they need to replace Keir with someone with meat. 

I honestly think it’ll be Michael Gove or Dominic Raab that will be the next Tory leader. Murdoch won’t have that long left since he’s just reached 90 however Gammon GB News doesn’t sit with me right since Murdoch and Andrew Neil is at the heart of it 

Miss Dolly
3 minutes ago, Living said:

We are having a discussion.... 

• Like 1
Benji
3 minutes ago, Gagasfirstnose said:

Do you really see the public voting for Hunt? Can't see them voting for either unless its a case of Biden and Trump where they are both unpalatable and u gotta pick  the lesser of two evils.

With regard to the topic, as a black fella always been treated so well in both N. I and the republic. Friendliest people ever. Have relations living in both parts of the island. I'm all for what the people want but it really comes down to N.I moreso than the republic. Just no one wants to go back to the troubles.

I guess time will tell.  I see most of the Conservative party as undesirable but he’s most definitely the guy if they want to be in the centre again.  Imagine it being Gove or Hancock :eww:

Yeah, I love both parts of Ireland.  They appear to be sketchy on acceptance to outsiders (sexuality, race, etc.) but as you’ve outlined, they’re accepting people and just don’t want to return to the troubles.

Benji
2 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

The thing about Keir it seems a bit wishywashy when it comes to policies. I have had a Scottish Labour leaflet through my door and their policies are just very vague. They are a proposing a “National Recovery” but they don’t explain what it entails. If Labour wants to win in 2024 they need to replace Keir with someone with meat. 

I honestly think it’ll be Michael Gove or Dominic Raab that will be the next Tory leader. Murdoch won’t have that long left since he’s just reached 90 however Gammon GB News doesn’t sit with me right since Murdoch and Andrew Neil is at the heart of it 

Yeah I agree on Kier.  When he’s doing his forensic takedown of Johnson and trolling him by looking at wallpaper in John Lewis, I think he’s fantastic.  But then he had that weird period where he wanted Labour to abstain from votes and he wasn’t vocally condemning some of the horrific crap the tories were doing?  If he keeps his fight, he’s good but if he starts being wet again he won’t win.  He’s got to be opposition and when he choose to, he does it well.

I guess I could see Raab to be fair, I can’t see Gove though... everyone thinks he’s just some backstabbing leach thing pretending to be human.  He is just vile :sick:

homomo

I’d say the younger age groups would also be much higher than 67%

I live in the ROI and every single one of my friends want to see a united Ireland in their lifetime.

• Like 1
homomo
13 minutes ago, Living said:

... this is a thread made for discussion. You don’t have to be here you know.

• Like 1
Miss Dolly
1 minute ago, Benji said:

Yeah I agree on Kier.  When he’s doing his forensic takedown of Johnson and trolling him by looking at wallpaper in John Lewis, I think he’s fantastic.  But then he had that weird period where he wanted Labour to abstain from votes and he wasn’t vocally condemning some of the horrific crap the tories were doing?  If he keeps his fight, he’s good but if he starts being wet again he won’t win.  He’s got to be opposition and when he choose to, he does it well.

I guess I could see Raab to be fair, I can’t see Gove though... everyone thinks he’s just some backstabbing leach thing pretending to be human.  He is just vile :sick:

That’s the problem. He doesn’t go hard enough on the Tories. His performance on Wednesday at PMQs was fantastic. I was angry at him sitting on the fence about Matt Hancock. It seemed like Corbyn post 2017 election. 

It makes me sick at the thought of Gove becoming Tory leader. Raab could be bearable but I would put my bets on Gove. I would of laughed in your face if you told me 3 years ago Boris Johnson would be PM nothing impossible when it comes to the tories. They even had Iain Duncan Smith as their leader at one point 

• Like 1
Benji
1 minute ago, Miss Dolly said:

That’s the problem. He doesn’t go hard enough on the Tories. His performance on Wednesday at PMQs was fantastic. I was angry at him sitting on the fence about Matt Hancock. It seemed like Corbyn post 2017 election. 

It makes me sick at the thought of Gove becoming Tory leader. Raab could be bearable but I would put my bets on Gove. I would of laughed in your face if you told me 3 years ago Boris Johnson would be PM nothing impossible when it comes to the tories. They even had Iain Duncan Smith as their leader at one point 

Yeah exactly my thoughts.  I hope he sees that people do respond well to him fighting.  I know a lot of people were turned off by Corbyn constantly shouting about everything but Kier does his take downs a lot more well, he’s gotta keep that energy!

Honestly, I’ll move to Scotland and vote yes if Gove becomes prime minister :messga: Raab is bearable, he’s a f*****g idiot but at least it means he’ll be being told what to do rather than do a Johnson and just make it up as you go along and not care.

polishmonster

XX Century saw peak of the British Empire and its slow fall

XXI Century will witness disolution of the United Kingdom with Scotland wanting independence, unification of Ireland and Australia and Canada having presidents after Queen Elizabeth II death

holy trinity: Babylon, Sour Candy, Replay 🌈
Miss Dolly
1 minute ago, Benji said:

Yeah exactly my thoughts.  I hope he sees that people do respond well to him fighting.  I know a lot of people were turned off by Corbyn constantly shouting about everything but Kier does his take downs a lot more well, he’s gotta keep that energy!

Honestly, I’ll move to Scotland and vote yes if Gove becomes prime minister :messga: Raab is bearable, he’s a f*****g idiot but at least it means he’ll be being told what to do rather than do a Johnson and just make it up as you go along and not care.

He does. I liked Corbyn and think he should of won in 2017. Labour just seems to be infighting ever since Miliband stood down. Blair and Campbell just under minded Corbyn at every single chance they got that that’s why May scraped into No. 10 by a thread. 

Raab would be just a puppet in my opinion just like the incumbent. We’ll just have to see. I don’t see Boris Johnson lasting the year. I’m surprised he hasn’t resigned yet with reports last year. 

• Like 1
Miss Dolly
4 minutes ago, polishmonster said:

XX Century saw peak of the British Empire and its slow fall

XXI Century will witness disolution of the United Kingdom with Scotland wanting independence, unification of Ireland and Australia and Canada having presidents after Queen Elizabeth II death

The United Kingdom has been slowly dying for 40 odd years now. It’ll be interesting to see when The Queen dies.