society

India: over 400k COVID cases in one day

alsemanche

Featured Posts

Born This Way

Why is it getting worse there right now? 

The meaning of life doesn't seem to shine like that screen
alsemanche
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Born This Way said:

Why is it getting worse there right now? 

I'm no expert but I think it's the new wave + a new variant that seems to be more contagious + their healthcare is not prepared at all and the country overall is not a rich one + vaccination is very slow. Also I believe there had some huge national holiday recently and people gathered in very big numbers so I guess that played a role? Someone correct me if I'm wrong 

Edited by alsemanche
Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 2
Economy
3 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

Obviously every single case is one too much and I am praying that every single one gets trough this...But isn’t it a “normal” amount of cases a day compared to the population in the current wave of infections?

Their population is at 1.3 Billion And have 400.000 cases a day. Germany has around 80 Million and is at around 25.000 cases a day. Isn’t that like about the same percentage?

I’m not saying this cause I don’t find it dramatic. Their health system is on the edge and the fact they have to burn bodies is horrible. But here in Germany it feels like the media and politics use the footage of India to make them (the politics) look better.

(also not OT but it is beyond me that they hold back vaccines in Europe and don’t use them but don’t send those vaccines to India for example where they don’t have any in stock anymore)

Theres a lot of ways to spin numbers in politics that is factually technically true yet purposely misleading

Heres a scenario: The economy grew 10% under our leadership says ruling party... economy shrank 5% under their leadership says oposition

One is looking at total nominal gains the other adjusts for inflation and population growth...

both true, but depending on what narrative u wanna play u select and cherry pick the numbers that suit ur argument best

Politicians do that a lot... and ppl on the internet when they argue on forums do the same thing too, guess they learn from the best :toofunny:

Squidward T

Wait is this the same strain we are being vaccinated against?

Chromatography
7 minutes ago, Squidward T said:

Wait is this the same strain we are being vaccinated against?

i don’t think so, but i’m not certain. 

this is..yikes..they let up their restrictions a bit in march because it felt like it was slowing down and then this sudden spike..makes me worry for the rest of the world following suit in their loosening of restrictions...dark times indeed.

RAMROD

That amount of people would be akin to a whole village isn't it? Can you imagine if a whole village got infected altogether in one day? That is terrible. :bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ やれやれだわ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡