Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

DJWS ARTPOP Listening Party and Q&A

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

lilboyblue
1 hour ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

I think it's his album almost as much as it is Gaga's

While I don't discount his contribution to the album, which is a lot especially in the writing/recording process, I think it's unfair to say that. Especially with ARTPOP. It's very much Gaga's vision and direction, and he can only claim to know her inspirations, and the motivations behind her decision-making.

I don't think it's about the money, but I hope it's not about his ego either.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Z
32 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

While I don't discount his contribution to the album, which is a lot especially in the writing/recording process, I think it's unfair to say that. Especially with ARTPOP. It's very much Gaga's vision and direction, and he can only claim to know her inspirations, and the motivations behind her decision-making.

I don't think it's about the money, but I hope it's not about his ego either.

You said especially with ARTPOP? 

Pretty much the whole album was written over DJWS beats that she bought

ModernEcstasy

I’m looking forward to this. 

Paul is a good guy and is clearly very proud of ARTPOP. 

The last thing that Gaga wrote about the album (before all of this happened l) was “I don’t remember ARTPOP”. 

So it’s nice to see someone take pride in the work they created. 
I for one, will be watching :nick:

leedeegaga

I would also like to know, as I wonder about it a lot, how did Will.I.Am become the backing vocals for Fashion!? Oh and was Ru on the studio version at any point?

Scare them first, so they can’t scare you...

GagasEarCondom
11 minutes ago, ARTVENUS said:

I’ve always been curious about the song Maren. Only cuz it’s so mysterious cuz we know nothing about the song. There’s no snippets of it or anything and Gaga never talked about it even though it’s registered on her BMI.

Oh I didn't know it was registered

Jesus all these robbed songs

"escucha las palabras de las brujas" (dont mind me Im just possessing DJWS'S Hard drive for ACT II)

Tinnitus15
36 minutes ago, HookerOnAChurch said:

How long until the listening party? 

its 8pm Chicago time

Anderson123
3 hours ago, lilboyblue said:

Thinking about it now, I hope he doesn't overstate his work on ARTPOP, though. It's still Gaga's album and it's feeling borderline tacky that he's almost claiming the album as his own with this Q&A. Let's see! Still perched because there's so much behind-the-scenes stories I feel that are waiting to be told, but I got my eyes on him. :cyanlights:

That's kind of rude. It's his album just as much as it is Gaga's. They wrote it together for a long time, went through sh!t together. This is like Mark Ronson talking about Joanne or Amy Winehouse's Back To Black. He's was a big part of it.

ChicaSkas
16 hours ago, littlepotter said:

PLEASE someone go and record

this this this this this this. I have contacted them. It would be nice if we could have a full professionalish broadcast but anything at this point. Curse my being many states away and working today. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

js4754394o9823
7 hours ago, Ms Petty said:

🤡 Djws more like djdesperate. Boy this is not your album get.over.it. for god's sake why he is so obsessed. he needs to stop, this givin major red alert idk why but i don't like this obsession on a producer about an album of an artist, is not like the producers of witness or BIONIC are like giving listening partys and giving q&a for theirs flop eras 🤡  why his so needy of attention of LM lol he needs some fans or something

Venus (co-writer)
Sexxx Dreams (co-writer/co-producer)
JND (co-writer/co-producer)
MANiCURE (co-writer/co-producer)
DWUW (co-writer/co-producer)
ARTPOP (co-writer/co-producer)
Swine (co-writer/co-producer)
Fashion! (co-writer/co-producer)
Dope (co-writer)
Gypsy (co-writer)
Applause (co-writer/co-producer)

He co-wrote 11 tracks and co-produced 8 of them

If you are doing a group project, everyone working on it can say it's theirs

So yes, it IS his album

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Mister G
2 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

Venus (co-writer)
Sexxx Dreams (co-writer/co-producer)
JND (co-writer/co-producer)
MANiCURE (co-writer/co-producer)
DWUW (co-writer/co-producer)
ARTPOP (co-writer/co-producer)
Swine (co-writer/co-producer)
Fashion! (co-writer/co-producer)
Dope (co-writer)
Gypsy (co-writer)
Applause (co-writer/co-producer)

He co-wrote 11 tracks and co-produced 8 of them

If you are doing a group project, everyone working on it can say it's theirs

So yes, it IS his album

Glad you shared this list. I was listening to Applause and I couldn't remember how many of the 15 songs he had involvement with production wise. I forgot he was part of Dope and Gypsy.

Demoncore

Someone please record this!!! I'm lichrally hosting a game night and won't be able to watch live :-(

Alannah
43 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

this this this this this this. I have contacted them. It would be nice if we could have a full professionalish broadcast but anything at this point. Curse my being many states away and working today. 

I was thinking about going tonight, but I moved to the suburbs, don't have an outfit, and I realized it'd be my first time in a crowded bar in well over a year and my anxiety would most likely ruin my evening. I'm one of my only friends in my circle that's been fully vaxxed + 14 days. :saladga:

Demoncore
11 minutes ago, Alannah said:

I was thinking about going tonight, but I moved to the suburbs, don't have an outfit, and I realized it'd be my first time in a crowded bar in well over a year and my anxiety would most likely ruin my evening. I'm one of my only friends in my circle that's been fully vaxxed + 14 days. :saladga:

Omg same :-( I live in the city but I'm not fully vaxxed, otherwise I would have gone!!!

Archived