💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Actors in House of Gucci will play in English with a little Italian accent

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

ZiggyZiggs
7 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

There's also another video with Jared Leto acting with Gaga and he's pretty cringey. He sounds like Super Mario and his moves are too exaggerated.

An American representation of how Italian move and talk.

That’s the video that made me scared for the movie. Cuz a performance like that could ruin the whole thing. Idk why they’d cast him in the first place. No one likes him and he’s been getting not-so-great press in the last couple years. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
On 4/29/2021 at 10:11 AM, KarmaPolice said:

There's also another video with Jared Leto acting with Gaga and he's pretty cringey. He sounds like Super Mario and his moves are too exaggerated.

An American representation of how Italian move and talk.

I just watched it. It is pretty cringe actually. The few seconds you could hear Gaga talk, she sounds fine, but Leto's really exaggerating it. Hopefully it'll be better in the movie. While I ultimately think that this movie will be received well, there's a part of me that thinks that people may look at it as a joke if the accents are too exaggerated and hyperbolic. 

🖤👹

RAMROD

I mean, nothing surprising here, it's Hollywood movie.

Besides, like y'all and locals out there would watch foreign language movies or shows? Let's be honest here. :billie: Seriously, y'all won't complain that "NeTfLIx DOn'T hAV€ GoOd $HoW aNYmORe!!!1one!1!!" if y'all would. Apparently reading subtitles is a chore :billie:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

KarmaPolice
5 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

I mean, nothing surprising here, it's Hollywood movie.

Besides, like y'all and locals out there would watch foreign language movies or shows? Let's be honest here. :billie: Seriously, y'all won't complain that "NeTfLIx DOn'T hAV€ GoOd $HoW aNYmORe!!!1one!1!!" if y'all would. Apparently reading subtitles is a chore :billie:

Uh? Of course in Italy the movie will be dubbed so I really don't have an issue with that (since you know, I'm Italian :derpga:) ... but the trailer alone could sink the whole movie even before its release if a scene like the one with Jared is in there

Regina George

Hmm IDK how good this idea really is.. We will see! ASIB surprised me so I’m sure this will too! Can’t wait to see the movie :tony:

Juniper

It’s gonna be great! I just know it. Gaga being an angry Italian woman yelling with an accent already made me completely soft and mushy with joy so imagine what a whole movie will do. I can’t wait. 

KarmaPolice
7 minutes ago, Juniper said:

It’s gonna be great! I just know it. Gaga being an angry Italian woman yelling with an accent already made me completely soft and mushy with joy so imagine what a whole movie will do. I can’t wait. 

From what I can hear in that video she's not forcing the accent, neither the hand gesture... It comes off as natural. Even Adam looks like is acting naturally and not like a caricature.

Jared on the contrary...  :ohwell:

RAMROD
19 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Uh? Of course in Italy the movie will be dubbed so I really don't have an issue with that (since you know, I'm Italian :derpga:) ... but the trailer alone could sink the whole movie even before its release if a scene like the one with Jared is in there

But this move doesn't concern Italy alone, so :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

KarmaPolice
Just now, RAMROD said:

But this move doesn't concern Italy alone, so :shrug:

That's what I'm saying :cryga:

I don't have concern for the movie in Italy since it will be dubbed but for whatever country will play the original version there might be a problem 

G U C C I

I mean Adam and Gaga along with the other cast members will do an amazing job with every aspect of the movie. I would be disappointed personally if accents weren't included because the family is Italian and speaking without an accent wouldn't be realistic or considered a challenge in their performance. If she pulls off the whole movie the way she did that scene then I imagine acting nominations will be a no brainer. Jared Leto is the only issue I have seen with this movie and that was before they started filming. He was only cast because of his relationship with the Gucci brand.

Also here is Adam singing in Italian and it is amazing!

Ariana Grindr
51 minutes ago, mamo said:

girl wbk i can already hear gaga's italian accent through this gif 

tenor.gif?itemid=21086777

Omfg I can’t !! The phucking Televisa logo :ladyhaha:

nodandsmile

wait so you can hear her on that video? we-

so I get why her team was telling people to take it down...

Is there any italian lm who heard it? was it good?

KarmaPolice
3 minutes ago, sickandtired said:

wait so you can hear her on that video? we-

so I get why her team was telling people to take it down...

Is there any italian lm who heard it? was it good?

I did... but it's not like I'm judging Italian. It's an Italian accent... I can only tell when it sounds too over the top which is something everyone can do. Gaga seemed ok! 

Archived