Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci already generating Oscar buzz

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

Best actor

But Adam Driver has three: He joins Marion Cotillard in the musical "Annette" (in theaters late summer and on Amazon Prime); plays doomed Italian businessman Maurizio Gucci in Ridley Scott's starry crime drama "House of Gucci" (Nov. 24); and also co-stars opposite Matt Damon as 14th-century best friends fighting to the death in Scott's delayed "The Last Duel" (Oct. 15).

Best actress

Another well-known singer is worth a watch, too: Lady Gaga, who impressed in "A Star Is Born," stars in "House of Gucci" as Patrizia Reggiani, accused of murdering her ex-husband (Driver).

Best supporting actor

"House of Gucci" is rich in terms of a deep cast, with Oscar winners like Al Pacino and Jared Leto

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/movies/2021/04/27/oscars-2022-our-premature-predictions-next-years-academy-awards/7379467002/

Also watch out for: Canterbury Glass; C’mon, C’mon; Cry Macho; The Eyes of Tammy Faye; House of Gucci; A Journal for Jordan; Next Goal Wins; Nightmare Alley; Respect; The Tragedy of Macbeth.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/oscars-2022-my-predictions-for-next-year-s-best-picture-nominees-1.4548893

Adam Driver: At the other end of the scale is his doomed character in the Lady Gaga-led drama House of Gucci about a murderous plot within the Italian fashion house that with its starry cast and juicy fact-based premise could also ignite.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/apr/27/oscars-2022-who-might-triumph-at-next-years-ceremony

Here are some informal blogs that nonetheless have influence in generating Oscar buzz:

Best Actor

Clifton Collins, Jr. in Jockey
Bradley Cooper in Nightmare Alley
Matt Damon in The Last Duel
Adam Driver in The Last Duel
Will Smith in King Richard

Best Actress

Jessica Chastain in The Eyes of Tammy Faye
Lady Gaga in House of Gucci
Jennifer Hudson in Respect
Tessa Thompson in Passing
Rachel Zegler in West Side Story

https://unobtainium13.com/2021/03/31/lisas-way-too-early-2022-oscar-predictions-for-march/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

The fact that the official reddit page for Best Actress places Gaga as their #1 choice :giveup:

weed

oooommmgggg I'm so excited for The Tragedy of MacBeth, Blonde, etc.

So exciting for Gaga/HOG, definitely hope Gaga achieves Best Actress.

and The Eyes of Tammy Faye, omg. Chastain w 3 films w potential for noms!! working queen

Bradley
1 minute ago, weed said:

oooommmgggg I'm so excited for The Tragedy of MacBeth, Blonde, etc.

So exciting for Gaga/HOG, definitely hope Gaga achieves Best Actress.

Me too. Bradley also has two major lead roles this year, one is Nightmare Alley and the other would be his Leonard Bernstein biopic which he also directs himself.

Imagine if Bradley and Gaga win Best Actor and Actress in the same year :giveup: Bradley is considered long overdue so it'll be a lot of celebration if it happens.

A MESS

I don't think Gaga will win so early on in her acting journey as she has a long road ahead (not only in terms of earning respect but also in term of acting training) but the nomination is already the biggest honour - so watch her! I'm happy she found new life in the entertainment field

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

Bradley
1 minute ago, COOOK said:

We're not ready for THE LOOKS she's gonna serve in awards season :giveup:

Also the millionth repetition of 98 people in the room don't believe you but all you need is Bradley and Adam to believe in you!

mamo

i think as a fanbase we need to pace ourselves - we haven't even seen the trailer yet or anything. 

as much as the anticipated oscar buzz is great and drawing a lot of attention, it's also worth noting that what gaga is up against this year is super competitive. I think we need to not expect too much from early awards season predictions as they usually are way out of depth.

yes, gaga got an oscar nomination for her first leading role in a film but we also need to remind ourselves of how quick people get on the hate train etc it won't be long until people start jumping on the bandwagon and calling her overrated/a bad actress etc although i'm sure she'll prove them wrong. 

edit: also it's worth noting ridley scott is hit/miss with his films which will play a determining factor. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Chromatikitten
8 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Lady Gaga-led drama House of Gucci

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNa0cBfmE9t98YHtibeKD

She's meditating guys — She's died

Bradley
1 minute ago, mamo said:

i think as a fanbase we need to pace ourselves.

There are many movies and actors that get Oscar buzz early on and still get nominated when the award season comes. I'd say there's no harm trying to also create that buzz for our fav.

Wow Adam has a lot of movies coming out! Gaga has a lot of competition but I'm so excited for this movie, especially after seeing the pics from set it's got me hyped 

Archived