Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci already generating Oscar buzz

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley
2 minutes ago, milam said:

I don't think Gaga will win so early on in her acting journey as she has a long road ahead (not only in terms of earning respect but also in term of acting training) but the nomination is already the biggest honour - so watch her! I'm happy she found new life in the entertainment field

There are actresses and actors who win an Oscar for their first and second movies/nominations.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bonkers
2 minutes ago, COOOK said:

We're not ready for THE LOOKS she's gonna serve in awards season :giveup:

Me at Gaga's award season choices

CraftyObviousGharial-size_restricted.gif

Me at Gaga's competition for awards

GraciousWildAlligatorgar-size_restricted

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Bradley
Just now, Ivy said:

Wow Adam has a lot of movies coming out! Gaga has a lot of competition but I'm so excited for this movie, especially after seeing the pics from set it's got me hyped 

I wonder how Adam's representative will deal with his situation. If they submit both roles it's gonna split the votes, so they're probably either gonna choose HoG or The Last Duel.

It depends, if the male leads in The Last Duel (Affleck and Damon) are really strong, then it makes more sense to submit Driver's role in HoG for consideration.

RichAssPiss

I would remain calm. All biopics get Oscar buzz because it is a cliche type of film for Oscars. But quality will determine whether that is actually the case. Naomi Watts was an early frontrunner for Diana, which turned out be awful and no one really saw it. Nicole Kidman was projected early for Grace of Monaco, which was so bad no studio would buy it and it ended up  being turned into a Lifetime movie of the week. 

Bradley
5 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

I would remain calm. All biopics get Oscar buzz because it is a cliche type of film for Oscars. But quality will determine whether that is actually the case. Naomi Watts was an early frontrunner for Diana, which turned out be awful and no one really saw it. Nicole Kidman was projected early for Grace of Monaco, which was so bad no studio would buy it and it ended up  being turned into a Lifetime movie of the week. 

Yes you have a point. Natalie Portman's Vox Lux was also considered a Best Actress frontrunner but it was also left out of the award season.

But so far the magnitude of the stardom in Gucci is just too huge to ignore. It's not just one amazing actor we're talking about with indie directors and writers. We're talking about Ridley Scott, Lady Gaga, Jared Leto, Adam Driver and Al Pacino. The studio that is distributing it is also Universal Pictures which will definitely spend some money on making sure it succeed. The costume design has proven to be outstanding based on the pics from the set. The cinematographer has produced high quality movies and has been working with Ridley for a long time, including Best Picture nominated film The Martian.

The only department that is a bit worrying is writing because the writer isn't very famous and doesn't have a long catalogue up his sleeve. But if he turns out to be fantastic, we'll hit a lot of departments right.

Gaga's Instagram pic with Driver also has 4 million likes. And people are dying to see what Gaga does after A Star Is Born. There's just too much attention on this movie and the producers know they can't mess it up.

Reality

The movie's going to get nominated for a ton of stuff like ASIB. I'm not too familiar with the other movies that are going to be competing for the Oscars next year, but HoG is going to be biiiiig

🃏🖤👹

Bradley
1 minute ago, Reality said:

The movie's going to get nominated for a ton of stuff like ASIB. I'm not too familiar with the other movies that are going to be competing for the Oscars next year, but HoG is going to be biiiiig

It should be if people visit the theatres. I can see critical success but commercially, it needs extra boost considering the pandemic.

mamo
7 minutes ago, Bradley said:

There are many movies and actors that get Oscar buzz early on and still get nominated when the award season comes. I'd say there's no harm trying to also create that buzz for our fav.

and there are many that don't. we won't know how likely her chances are until later on in the year. 

people are already calling gaga the favourite to win and from the past few years of me following awards season, the person who is the earliest favourite usually isn't even closest to the actual outcome. that's why i'm telling y'all to calm down...

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Reality
2 minutes ago, Bradley said:

It should be if people visit the theatres. I can see critical success but commercially, it needs extra boost considering the pandemic.

That's true, but that's with every movie coming out this year. If the Oscars can still continue despite very few movies coming out last year, then it'll be fine.

🃏🖤👹

Magic Mike

I feel that HOG should be released in a big film festival like the one in Venice (it makes sense, as it's going to happen in September I think). Depending on how it's received there, we can speak more accurately about award predictions.

Mother of Puppies
20 minutes ago, milam said:

I don't think Gaga will win so early on in her acting journey as she has a long road ahead (not only in terms of earning respect but also in term of acting training) but the nomination is already the biggest honour - so watch her! I'm happy she found new life in the entertainment field

Watch her break that record :ally:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Tinnitus15
11 minutes ago, Reality said:

pretty big too tbh!

9 minutes ago, mamo said:

and there are many that don't. we won't know how likely her chances are until later on in the year. 

people are already calling gaga the favourite to win and from the past few years of me following awards season, the person who is the earliest favourite usually isn't even closest to the actual outcome. that's why i'm telling y'all to calm down...

exactly.From lots of forums and prediction sites:Gold derby for ex predicts we could be even left out.If she has a nom,the oscar will probably go to Frances Mcdormand(3 oscars) for her Lady Macbeth role.I will be soo happy if gaga wins it but lets wait and see

9 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I wonder how Adam's representative will deal with his situation. If they submit both roles it's gonna split the votes, so they're probably either gonna choose HoG or The Last Duel.

It depends, if the male leads in The Last Duel (Affleck and Damon) are really strong, then it makes more sense to submit Driver's role in HoG for consideration.

I'm wondering about that too! I guess they'll see how the reviews are when the films release. Or maybe they have an idea already..

Same with Bradley he'll have 2 strong roles, but I'm wondering if his biopic might be delayed bcs it was supposed to begin filming but I don't think it has yet

Tinnitus15
20 minutes ago, Bradley said:

i think they will submit him for a supporting actor in HOG

nodandsmile

have in mind that these are just VERY early predictions, they really don't mean anything... anything can happen

not saying not to be excited but manage you expectations and at least wait until it's seen by a public... that's when we'll have an idea how things will go!!!

Archived