Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

GOT prequel:House of The Dragon started production

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

MelbHawker
6 hours ago, Tinnitus15 said:

this!

Spoiler: I knew Danny was gonna die(although i hoped she will survive),her whole madness thing was awful.They turned her from a positive character to a villain in 2 episodes.

I know. I didn’t have an issue with her becoming legit crazy but right up until the moment she ‘turned’ she hadn’t shown any plausible, obvious signs in her narrative of going mad. When it happened, I remember people (even myself) justifying it by saying ‘oh she’d lost a lot of people / kept losing battles etc.) but.. :flop: It was just a disappointing  sell out to what had been an amazing character to watch over the years. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tinnitus15

Ugh i saw a pic of matt and Emma on the set.They did a greta job with their looks :bradley:

Jose P
18 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

Dany’s character was massacred for shock value. 

Huh, I disagree tbh. If you’ve read the books then it’s pretty apparent that her character will go in that direction, and it was kinda evident in the show as well. What they butchered was getting her to that point. Her character has traits that show the way her story might end, but it’s useless if the execution to get her there is bad and that’s what happened. But Daenerys was never a fully good character, and I also blame the showrunners for making her to be such a perfect heroine, it really fooled many into believing she was an all benevolent angel when in the books she’s even more morally grey.

Martin will most likely execute that storyline much better I imagine. In the chance that he actually publishes the conclusion to this series :bear:

MelbHawker
2 hours ago, Jose P said:

Huh, I disagree tbh. If you’ve read the books then it’s pretty apparent that her character will go in that direction, and it was kinda evident in the show as well. What they butchered was getting her to that point. Her character has traits that show the way her story might end, but it’s useless if the execution to get her there is bad and that’s what happened. But Daenerys was never a fully good character, and I also blame the showrunners for making her to be such a perfect heroine, it really fooled many into believing she was an all benevolent angel when in the books she’s even more morally grey.

Martin will most likely execute that storyline much better I imagine. In the chance that he actually publishes the conclusion to this series :bear:

It’s foreshadowed in the books quite frequently yes, but IMO the show didn’t really do that aspect of her narrative any justice. They threw the odd comment in about the Mad King / had one scene where she burned the Tarlys’. Not enough to justify easily taking Kings Landing only to then burn / kill the entire city’s population. I think the issue the show had was them not showing her struggle with the tragedies / horrible things that happened to her all that much. It wasn’t fleshed out enough, what happened narrative wise had hardly any flow. Awful decision to condense the final seasons into shorter ones. Even the actors knew it was sloppy writing, they couldn’t there feels during that last promo run.

I can’t wait for Martin to release the next one. Honestly I hope he churns it out quickly.. he is quite old. :toofunny:

Jose P
4 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

I can’t wait for Martin to release the next one. Honestly I hope he churns it out quickly.. he is quite old. :toofunny:

Oh baby the last book came out before the first season of the show premiered, and there are no signs that he’s close to finishing yet :smh:

A MESS
7 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Oh baby the last book came out before the first season of the show premiered, and there are no signs that he’s close to finishing yet :smh:

a dance with dragons came out in 2011...............................................

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

Jose P
1 minute ago, milam said:

a dance with dragons came out in 2011...............................................

Yeah and a month after the first season started airing, but my point still stands that a whole ass show has already aired and ended and still no next book

A MESS
2 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Yeah and a month after the first season started airing, but my point still stands that a whole ass show has already aired and ended and still no next book

oh yeah, i was highlighting the tragedy

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

Tinnitus15
7 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I cannot wait.

they already started shooting:nooo:

Agunimon

I'm not seeing how Game of Thrones' terrible ending should influence people giving this show a chance. It's not like the stories are going to collide, and storytelling and lore behind things that were left unanswered in the show are bound to take place, which is way more interesting than anything else.

Not to mention, what some people could have perceived as a ending didn't stop Star Wars movies from coming out in the various orders they did. And they are still massively successful. The general public are going to watch this show regardless of how Game of Thrones ended, especially knowing D&D will not be a part of it.

Also: Criticizing the actors and saying that the original actors are what helped people follow Game of Thrones without giving this new cast a chance?

GagaSine
8 hours ago, Tinnitus15 said:

Ugh i saw a pic of matt and Emma on the set.They did a greta job with their looks :bradley:

The wigs look good :tony:

Tinnitus15
4 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

The wigs look good :tony:

from those pics i think they look good 

Archived