Oscars Ratings Crash To All-Time Low; Viewership Falls Under 10M For First

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Harper said:

The fact you don't like it doesn't mean it is "steadily but very slowly dying"

it's my opinion and yes it is look around u nobody cares anymore

Reality
25 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

lmao nobody cares about celebrities winning awards anymore. Music awards can somewhat work because they do performances but nobody cares if you got an award for your film in the end, it's very boring to watch as a show and the cult of celebrity is kinda dying, very slowly but steadily

People say sh*t like this all the time, but whenever their favorite movie or actor/actress gets nominated, all of a sudden it's "OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM! I REALLY WANT THEM TO WIN!". The Oscars, like pretty much all awards shows, still have a ton of validity, and they can still be entertaining. If you're a cinephile, or just a huge fan of movies, you'll enjoy it. 

🖤👹

RahrahWitch

Not gonna lie, all these big award shows are just not it anymore for me. I loved them back in the early 2010s but lately I just find them boring.

IllusionLover

No one:

Every award show the day after: ratings crash all-time low :reductive:

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Anderson123

All award shows have suffered low numbers this year because of COVID. I think it's pretty obvious that the world is not interested right now in watching these things. I just can't believe that we started 2020 with Parasite winning then everything changed after that.

TimisaMonster

Well honestly 2020 was a strange year for movies in general and being MOST didn't see any movies last year...it would be pointless to watch films receive awards you've never even seen or got the "history" behind...

It would be like going to a wedding and not knowing ANYONE...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Lampost

I love movies and normally always at least watch a bit of these award shows, but this year I had no damn interest and/or time for any award show. 

Hebi

It's just a bad year to broadcast ceremonies, that's all, the overreactions on here are too much :rip:

DanielM

I'm actually sad about what's happening to this kind of TV event. I still love the Oscars, watching it is a tradition I like to keep. I like the red carpet, I love the speeches and I love the movies. It's awful if after almost 100 years you Americans let it die. It's literally the one great thing you brought to the world, you all should do your best to protect it. :messga:

alsemanche

In addition to covid, I feel like they weren't advertised much this year?? Usually I know at least when it's happening but this year I barely heard about it and only realized it's happening when I saw the thread here. Many on my twitter feed were also surprised that it was happening.

+ Having it at a different time than their usual schedule probably worked to their disadvantage

+ the fact that movies were barely a priority this year and the past one so people weren't really in that "so many good movies released this year!!" mindset

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived