Lorde

pure heroine stare GIF

Billie Eilish

Billie Eilish Lol GIF by BRIT Awards

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche

Well... Neither Lana, Lorde, or Billie are really alternative. They're pop stars who have a slightly different sound than the pure mainstream. 

But anyway considering your list: Kate Bush > Lorde > Fiona Apple > Billie Eilish > Lana Del Rey 

Personally my fav alt queen is Bjork, forever and always.

Soft, soothing, and succulent

FfFfFfFF

Out of the names you posted, Billie Eilish isn't really in the same tier. Kate Bush and Fiona Apple are hugely well-liked and appreciated names, and Lana and Lorde are both super talented and established already (despite debuting in the 2010s). My personal pick is Lana followed by Lorde.

FameMonster01

Lana.

Not any of these girlies have Born To Die, Ultraviolence, Honeymoon and a NFR in their discography 

enissa11
7 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Well... Neither Lana, Lorde, or Billie are really alternative. They're pop stars who have a slightly different sound than the pure mainstream. 

But anyway considering your list: Kate Bush > Lorde > Fiona Apple > Billie Eilish > Lana Del Rey 

well, if u ask me, lorde, lana & billie have a pretty pure mainstream appeal, it's more like "melancholic pop" it's still pop, not really alternative

Mad Architect of Light

flyaway
11 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Oh, yeah Bjork :omg::udidnt:

I forgot to put her on the list...nvm, there's the comment section :billie: Also Florence

alsemanche
7 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

well, if u ask me, lorde, lana & billie have a pretty pure mainstream appeal, it's more like "melancholic pop" it's still pop, not really alternative

I feel like they're not 100% mainstream but yeah I see what you mean. I definitely wouldn't put them in the alternative category that's for sure. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Anderson123

I like Lorde, Lana and Billie's music better but I don't think they're as "alternative" as Fiona, Kate or even FKA Twigs and Björk.

A MESS

where's the alternative in these names :oops:

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

BlingNotTheMusic

Given the age demographic on this site, I know she won't win, but Fiona. She, along with Shirley Manson, Alanís Morrisette, Courtney Love and others, made it cool to be angsty again.

Archived