💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Would be here for an hyperpop LG7?

monstrosity

Featured Posts

monstrosity

I think gaga is heading towards an hyperpop album, would you be here for it? it’s becoming increasingly popular while still kinda experimental, and we know gaga gravitates or has gravitated directly or indirectly around Sophie Charlie etc

I personally think it would be a hit or miss, but I’d like to see that

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monstrosity
2 minutes ago, Quenty said:

What's hyperpop?

from wiki (I’m lazy sorry):

Hyperpop reflects an exaggerated, eclectic, and self-referential approach to pop music and typically employs elements such as brash synth melodies, Auto-Tuned "earworm" vocals, and excessive compression and distortion, as well as surrealist or nostalgic references to Noughties Internet culture and the Web 2.0era. Some common features include vocals that are heavily processed; metallic, melodic percussion sounds; pitch-shifted synths; catchy choruses; short song lengths; and "shiny, cutesy aesthetics" juxtaposed with angst-ridden lyrics. The Wall Street Journal's Mark Richardson described the genre as intensifying the "artificial" tropes of popular music, resulting in "a cartoonish wall of noise that embraces catchy tunes and memorable hooks. The music zooms between beauty and ugliness, as shimmery melodies collide with mangled instrumentation."

Writing for American Songwriter, Joe Vitagliano described it as "an exciting, bombastic and iconoclastic genre — if it can even be called a 'genre'—[...] featuring "saw synths, auto-tuned vocals, glitch-inspired percussion and a distinctive late-capitalism-dystopia vibe."

Artists often "straddle the avant-garde and the pop charts simultaneously."

The Independent described it as "a genre whose artists have a tendency to rehabilitate styles of music that have long since gone out of fashion, constantly poking at what is or isn’t 'cool' or artful."

Suspiria

I would 1000% be here for it.

But what makes you think she's "heading towards" it? I think LG6 was really our one shot at a PC Music/Hyperpop style album and we didn't get it, so I don't think we ever will.

monstrosity
3 minutes ago, Chromatislaps said:

im just ready for the PC music/Gaga slayage

Right?? I thought about it when watching a chromatica itw where she said she loved so much the fact that music made on computer are so profound and can deliver so much emotions, I really believe she’ll touch upon hyperpop on the near future

elijahfan

She might want to experiment with it (for all we know, she might already have by working with SOPHIE), but I feel like this is a little too on trend. Some might even say it's already a bit dated for a mainstream act to jump on that bandwagon - I mean, Madonna already did as early as 2015.

Working with BloodPop was a first step towards the hyperpop crowd, but they ended up exploring their own lane and that was the right call.

anonnona
9 minutes ago, Chromatislaps said:

YES!!!!!

:nooo: im just ready for the PC music/Gaga slayage

Gaga + hyperpop is a dream come true tbh

monstrosity
1 minute ago, Suspiria said:

I would 1000% be here for it.

But what makes you think she's "heading towards" it? I think LG6 was really our one shot at a PC Music/Hyperpop style album and we didn't get it, so I don't think we ever will.

I honestly think that for gaga chromatica was not the right time and place for experimentation, she wanted to « make the whole world dance » in her own words, while returning to the charts in the streaming era

but I think now that she made chromatica, she’ll do something more experimental for LG7, and I think hyperpop would be the more interesting genre for her

Suspiria
11 minutes ago, Monstruous said:

I honestly think that for gaga chromatica was not the right time and place for experimentation, she wanted to « make the whole world dance » in her own words, while returning to the charts in the streaming era

but I think now that she made chromatica, she’ll do something more experimental for LG7, and I think hyperpop would be the more interesting genre for her

IMO LG6 was the perfect time for experimentation. After Superbowl, ASIB, Met Gala etc the world loved her and was ready to eat up anything she delivered (see Enigma reviews compared to reviews of her earler, better tours...)

After 6 years of jazz and more acoustic pop with simpler aesthetics, people were very much ready for her to come back crazier than ever.

Given the fact she gave up on the pink wigs and costumes the second the album came out, and that she has refused to perform the album, I think it's clear she's just not into the whole dance-pop star thing anymore, and I would be very shocked if her next album is any sort of alternative electronic music.

OMonster

I honestly don't see Gaga doing this. I think she's quite traditional and doesn't actually want to create a record that's that challenging anymore. It's clear to me she wants to create music that can connect to as many people as possible. These more experimental genres don't offer that chance, and I don't think lend themselves to mainstream, A-list artists at all. 

I think Chromatica was/is a really solid pop record and I think that's what we should expect from her again, when/if she chooses to go down the dance pop route again. 

subtext / fantasy

Archived