💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

‘The Last Of Us’: Jasmila Žbanić & Ali Abbasi To Direct HBO Series

Regina George

Featured Posts

Regina George

Oscar nominee Jasmila Žbanić (Quo vadis, Aida) and Ali Abbasi (Border) have been added as directors on The Last of Us, HBO’s high-profile series adaptation of the Sony Playstation franchise from Chernobyl creator Craig Mazin and Neil Druckmann.

Based on the critically acclaimed video game The Last of Us, starring Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey, the story takes place twenty years after modern civilization has been destroyed. Joel (Pascal), a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle Ellie (Ramsey), a 14-year-old girl, out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse across the U.S. and depend on each other for survival.

jasmila-Zbanic-Ali-Abbasi.jpg?w=681&h=38

Žbanić’s latest film, Quo vadis, Aida is nominated for the Best International Film Feature Oscar at Sunday’s Academy Awards. Last night, the film won the Film Independent Spirit Award for Best International Film. Žbanić is repped by CAA and Good Chaos.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/the-last-of-us-jasmila-zbanic-ali-abbasi-to-direct-hbo-series-based-on-video-game-1234742491/

As a fellow Bosnian myself I am extremely proud of Jasmila because this is HUGE for someone coming from my country. Her movie "Quo Vadis, Aida?" that is about genocide in Srebrenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina is nominated for Oscar for Best International Movie. If you didn't watch it please give it a chance! It is extremely important for my people and my country! 

This is also huge for female directors and females working in the movie industry.

Spoiler

RahrahWitch

HBO has put out a lot of great shows recently, I'm excited what they could make with this! :excited:

weed

The way I’ve put hundreds of hours into The Last of Us, so excited I really hope the show does it justice. 

Archived