Watch THE Speech

politics

Top EU official says an Indy Scotland would have quick membership to the EU

Miss Dolly

Featured Posts

Benji
Just now, Miss Dolly said:

I don’t really know much about this guy. I just post what I see. I’ve never heard of this guy in my life. 

Mr “Sleepy Cuddles”. Can’t stand the man. 

Well, if you want me to stop discrediting your threads, you should spend an extra minute just checking what you’re posting.  It took me a minute to google this guy, find out his credentials and see he is not qualified.

Paaaah hey we at least agree on that one lol

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miss Dolly

• Benji

• Debithius

• bionic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19253187.independent-scotland-can-expect-quick-return-bloc-top-eu-official-signals/?fbclid=IwAR30hB4y8SeOl0bKNSnwrAOXiXEe4raGmAaATar2DtCJ0690KT3365dZEs8   Ha! 

we're waiting for ya, siblings! get rid of England and come back home <3

We are coming. Forever European 

Miss Dolly
2 minutes ago, Benji said:

Well, if you want me to stop discrediting your threads, you should spend an extra minute just checking what you’re posting.  It took me a minute to google this guy, find out his credentials and see he is not qualified.

Paaaah hey we at least agree on that one lol

Yet again, I try to balance it out with anti-Independence threads as well but those are easily discredited me 

Never liked Salmond. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
bionic
Just now, Varys said:

Do y'all really think Spain would allow Scotland in?

Spanish leaders have said many times that Scotland wouldn't be vetoed as long as the country left the UK legally (i.e. following the popular result of a Westminster-approved referendum). Whether they stick to that when push comes to shvoe is a different matter

buy bionic
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
Miss Dolly
47 minutes ago, Varys said:

Do y'all really think Spain would allow Scotland in?

3 Spanish foreign ministers have said they would not veto EU membership for an Indy Scotland if it’s done legally. 
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-spain-politics-scotland-idUKKCN1NP25P I know the article is more than 3 years old. They still have the same stance. 

Debithius
3 hours ago, Miss Dolly said:

We are coming. Forever European :legend:

Have I missed something? Why do British people think they aren't European just because they aren't in the EU? I mean what did they think they were before the EU? 

Just because you aren't in EU anymore doesn't mean you aren't European...:triggered:

bionic
Just now, Debithius said:

Have I missed something? Why do British people think they aren't European just because they aren't in the EU? I mean what did they think they were before the EU? 

Just because you aren't in EU anymore doesn't mean you aren't European...:triggered:

Interesting article on UK-European identity

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/media-centre/britain-feels-less-european-than-anywhere-else-in-the-eu/

• According to the latest Eurobarometer survey, as many as 64% of people in the UK deny that they feel in any way ‘European’. 
  •  According to BSA as many as 51% of those who do not feel European wish to stay in the EU.
buy bionic
Miss Dolly
1 minute ago, Debithius said:

It’s short for EU membership. People try and paint us as this “British” non-EU citizen. I am first of all - Scottish then European. 

Debithius
3 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

It’s short for EU membership. People try and paint us as this “British” non-EU citizen. I am first of all - Scottish then European. 

The UK is literally in Europe so....the British are European.

So...European is short for EU Membership? Because I hear people say "I am still European" and I am over here thinking...duh?

Edited by Debithius
Miss Dolly
1 minute ago, Debithius said:

The UK is literally in Europe so....the British are European.

So...European is short for EU Membership? Because I hear people say "I am still European" and I am over here thinking...duh?

I know I am European, as Scotland is still a European country but as @bionic sourced a lot of people don’t class themselves as European. I will forever be angry at losing my EU membership. I’d happily lose my “British” citizenship just to have a EU membership again. 

Debithius
1 minute ago, Miss Dolly said:

But as @bionic sourced a lot of people don’t class themselves as European. 

This literally makes no sense. I mean culturally they might not feel European but geographically they are European. It isn't like the UK belongs to North America or the North Pole :laughga:

Miss Dolly
Just now, Debithius said:

This literally makes no sense. I mean culturally they might not feel European but geographically they are European. It isn't like the UK belongs to North America or the North Pole :laughga:

What is hard to understand? When I say European I mean my EU membership. I will always feel I deserve a EU membership. 

bionic
2 minutes ago, Debithius said:

Its wholly about self-identity. I don't think anybody would deny that the UK is European, but some people don't identity as being part of a European cultural identity.

OR if we think of Scotland...

Nobody would deny Scotland is 'British' in that it is part of the UK, but a fair number of Scottish people don't identify with British cultural identity.

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 1
Gogo Yubari

I think Scotland would easily rejoin the EU. The UK border might be a bit complicated with customs and goods (like the Irish one). But the paperwork is essentially already there I guess!