💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Dexter is being called by his nature! (season 9 teaser)

spector

Featured Posts

spector

it was one of the defining shows of my teenage years. dexter coming back feels weirdly nostalgic and surreal at the same time. i’m beyond excited. :nooo: 

stella + elliot = stelliot

Anderson123

I still can’t believe this is happening. I’m so hyped. One of my favorite shows of all time getting the ending it deserves I hope. 

spector
1 minute ago, Anderson123 said:

I still can’t believe this is happening. I’m so hyped. One of my favorite shows of all time getting the ending it deserves I hope. 

with the original showrunner/creator on board, i’m very hopeful :vegas: 

SKANK

I tried watching Dextor, but was surprised how much it really pales in comparison to Hannibal. 

Maybe I’ll give it another try.

imnotyourbabe10

Showtime in the mid-2000's to early/mid 2010's was so on point!

Weeds, Dexter, The Big C, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, United States of Tara, The Tudors, The Affair, Penny Dreadful.

spector
22 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Dextor

:air: 

22 minutes ago, SKANK said:

was surprised how much it really pales in comparison to Hannibal.

they are not that comparable, i think; it's only the serial killer motif that connects them; otherwise, the psychological focus, the characterization, and the structurality feel very different.

16 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Showtime in the mid-2000's to early/mid 2010's was so on point!

Weeds, Dexter, The Big C, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, United States of Tara, The Tudors, The Affair, Penny Dreadful.

omg, don't remind me :nooo: 

NANCY :fatcat: 2u08.gif

TARA :fatcat: 33e087e2a10eed4e1c2365014596b05c.gif

ALISON :fatcat: KsfF.gif 

ToxicHot

Ok cool, but why is this getting rebooted but we haven’t heard anything about the (possibly now-cancelled) Weeds reboot? :messga::bradley:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

SKANK
18 minutes ago, spector said:

they are not that comparable, i think; it's only the serial killer motif that connects them; otherwise, the psychological focus, the characterization, and the structurality feel very different.

Dextor and Hannibal are both crime dramas, adapted from novels, they mostly rely on procedural format. They both romanticize a handsome serial killer, who is hiding the fact that he is a serial killer, while working with law enforcement to catch other killers.

But I do agree they feel very different.

Dextor is fun and a head of its time, but I'm not sure it holds a candle to the poetic, clever, moody, and homoerotic story telling of Hannibal. 

But I'd love to see them both get another season.

spector
10 hours ago, ToxicHot said:

Weeds reboot? :messga::bradley:

omfg :bradley:

10 hours ago, SKANK said:

Dextor and Hannibal are both crime dramas, adapted from novels, they mostly rely on procedural format. They both romanticize a handsome serial killer, who is hiding the fact that he is a serial killer, while working with law enforcement to catch other killers.

But I do agree they feel very different.

Dextor is fun and a head of its time, but I'm not sure it holds a candle to the poetic, clever, moody, and homoerotic story telling of Hannibal. 

But I'd love to see them both get another season.

i think the poetic quality of hannibal is generated by (and emanates from) psychology itself being psychologized: the vibe, or the concept, that is aimed at by the show is to visualize the processes of consumption (how the mind eats a person up, paralleled by how a person is actually eaten up by another one), while dexter's psychology is being given a vocal quality: the story of his dark passenger being born and its need to be fed is narrated by him (by extension, it's also spoon-fed to us, the viewers). it follows that the former is more allusive and implicit, while the latter is more direct and straightforward. if i go with the metaphor you used, i'd say that hannibal is telling the story from the point of view of the dark room by visualizing the workings of the mind (hannibal's, a psychology expert's, own psychology), while dexter is telling the story from the point of view of the candle itself by narrating himself (dexter's firing needs, or, conversely, him being on fire, or, paradoxically, his dark passenger being the guiding light). :flower: 

likeitrough

after watching the show religiously and being incredibly disappointed by the ending i created my own head cannon just so it wasn't all so pathetic. 

Spoiler

i just wanted dexter to leave with hannah and his son. **** the lumberjack gig. 

imnotyourbabe10
5 hours ago, ToxicHot said:

Ok cool, but why is this getting rebooted but we haven’t heard anything about the (possibly now-cancelled) Weeds reboot? :messga::bradley:

Please say it ain’t so! I was so excited to see problematic Nancy and her crew again. The way the show ended was absolutely devastating—though very fitting for her story.

Personally have a long history with the show. I was 14-15 when it started and my mom even suggested I watch it because it was so funny!:billie: Little did I know I would stan it. It’s so special to me. The only other shows I’ve been that in tune with include: Lost, The Good Wife, Murder, She Wrote, The X Files, and Penny Dreadful, and South Park

A MESS

i waited for the show to end before starting it and i didn't get the time before it starts again, i cannot believe they don't leave one single show to rot in memories and have to take it out every few years

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

Achromatic
7 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

i really hope so too.

when will game of thrones :/

I’m my bestfriend

Archived