💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn Mendes shares mirror "sel-feet"

COOOK

Featured Posts

Kadikaado
Just now, Economy said:

If thats true ive never heard of it. Im almosg 28 now ive yet to be called latino even once :enigma:

Hispanic, I saw it online some times. They call us brazilian hispanics even though we were colonized by portugueses. lol American ****.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gypsy101
31 minutes ago, Aussie said:

So he can’t be a Latino if he is white? Isn’t Latino referring more so to people of South and Central America as well as Europeans from Spain, Portugal and even Italy? I mean the word Latin (language alone...)

no, it’s for from/descended from Latin America. it has nothing to do with the language Latin

Future Lovers
21 hours ago, Kadikaado said:

Is Shawn Mendes considered "white"? Because his last name is very "latino". My cousin has the same name.

Yes he is white. His last name comes from his father's side of the family which is Portuguese. His name is split between his mother's heritage (his first and first middle name: Shawn Peter) and his father's (his second middle name and his late name: Raul Mendes). It's just his familial background, he has family in Portugal, but yes he is indeed white. Been a fan since 2015, and this is always the question that pops up from people outside the fanbase so it's a normal mix up! 

britneygaga99

I realize he’s handsome, but don’t find him hot. Which is ironic, because I’m a thirsty heaux

Butters Stotch
8 hours ago, Kadikaado said:

In the USA they call portuguese hispanics, sorry, it's not spanish, it's hispanic (what means the same anyway).

Oh, I see... for us Latinos, Spanish is someone who comes from Spain. Thanks for clarifying! :staymad:

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Kadikaado
4 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

no, it’s for from/descended from Latin America. it has nothing to do with the language Latin

"Latin America" comes from the countries of Latin Americ being explored by speakers of the latin language. Napoleon used that argument to try to make Mexico people feel a sense of connection with the frenchs who are also speakers of a latin language against the neighbours who speak an anglo-saxonic language. He had dreams of extending his empire to Americas. So the name latin america has everything to do with the latin language, because we speak languages that derived from latin.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Mindblown

I hate that gagadaily has a 7 page thread dedicated to Shawn Mendes's mirror feet pic...:bradley:

InsomniaMonster69
23 hours ago, Butters Stotch said:

What? On what planet?? He is Portuguese, that makes him European, not Spanish. 

Did i missed something or are u trying to tell us that Spain isn't in Europe?:zilla:

Butters Stotch
1 hour ago, TasteofaFish said:

Did i missed something or are u trying to tell us that Spain isn't in Europe?:zilla:

No, I'm saying that being portuguese makes you european, not spanish. Not every european person comes from Spain.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

InsomniaMonster69
41 minutes ago, Butters Stotch said:

No, I'm saying that being portuguese makes you european, not spanish. Not every european person comes from Spain.

Ah! That's your point! You're right! :)

Archived