Omg i hear it

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weed
8 minutes ago, Louie said:

In the beginning you can hear the Walkie Talkies

omgggggg I heard 911 so many times but I don't think I've ever noticed!!!!

whew I just performed the whole song perfectly w no mistakes in the lyrics and I love that. The ability to remember lyrics, very interesting scientifically. I remember the lyrics to every song I've ever loved lol

chromatic puzea
37 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

Walkie talkies in 911? Please tell me where, I want to go listen!

But yea, like I don’t think Gaga just does random stuff to sound cool - there’s a reason behind it. I really believe this was supposed to be a visual experience and this was part of the story :enigma:

it's hard to hear in the actual song but if you listen to the instrumental they're just randomly scattered throughout the song

you just hear some static and if i recall correctly some staticy mumbling too

I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT 

amazinglyjon
36 minutes ago, Peter Parker said:

You can also hear that she’s by a river because you can hear like waves or like she’s near a cliff or something. It’s hard to describe

Yeah it definitely is hard to describe. I think the sounds of waves you're hearing are the car sounds I'm hearing haha, but I can totally hear the resemblance. It's hard to tell without a visual.

Justin Drew Bieber
1 minute ago, amazinglyjon said:

Yeah it definitely is hard to describe. I think the sounds of waves you're hearing are the car sounds I'm hearing haha, but I can totally hear the resemblance. It's hard to tell without a visual.

I see this when I hear the beginning of the song

E1-E783-CD-FA90-4311-A741-CAA9254-E4-A9-

bornthisway135

The last few seconds of 911 sound like the beginning of Replay. Makes me think that Replay could have originally been tracklisted after 911 in the beginning. 

Linus Gaga
1 hour ago, MadreMonster said:

Never noticed this wow :firega:

:flop: were yall never pay attention to chromatica songs since they released ? 

Hit me a message and say hi !

River

During the na ma na ma na ma yeah i hear it

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Siena

Ok this is dark but I honestly thought of this theory months ago, but didn’t really feel like mentioning it cuz of the subject matter. Replay is about ptsd and replaying past trauma over and over. I’m assuming the song is about being raped when she was 19 and the ptsd she has from that. When Gaga was on Oprah’s Super Soul podcast in 2019 ( it’s on Spotify and Apple Music) she was talking about PTSD from being raped and she said

“ the trauma response is a heavier pain that actually feels the way that I felt after I was dropped on a street corner after I’d been raped repeatedly for months...”  

This is so dark I know, but if this was the case I’m assuming the faded sound of cars passing by could be what she heard when she was laying on the sidewalk. Essentially the first sounds she heard after getting out of such a traumatic situation is replaying in her head and thus in the intro to the song. 

sarcamstic

i’ve always heard car tires driving on wet asphalt/concrete… kinda like water being kicked up by spinning wheels as they pass by :vegas: 

i always imagine it being dark & stormy in a city/town & she’s walking (or was left) on the sidewalk.

flying like 1000 birds

sarcamstic
2 minutes ago, Smcgibben said:

Ok this is dark but I honestly thought of this theory months ago, but didn’t really feel like mentioning it cuz of the subject matter. Replay is about ptsd and replaying past trauma over and over. I’m assuming the song is about being raped when she was 19 and the ptsd she has from that. When Gaga was on Oprah’s Super Soul podcast in 2019 ( it’s on Spotify and Apple Music) she was talking about PTSD from being raped and she said

“ the trauma response is a heavier pain that actually feels the way that I felt after I was dropped on a street corner after I’d been raped repeatedly for months...”  

This is so dark I know, but if this was the case I’m assuming the faded sound of cars passing by could be what she heard when she was laying on the sidewalk. Essentially the first sounds she heard after getting out of such a traumatic situation is replaying in her head and thus in the intro to the song. 

as morbid as it sounds, this is exactly what i thought of. as a survivor myself, the replaying of very specific audio/sensory sensations that occurred during/after the incident are very common. so when she says the scars in her mind are on replay, i associated it with the trauma, or what followed, being on replay in her head, thus prompting the trauma response of falling into a dark place again.

flying like 1000 birds

The Clown

I never actually heard it :toofunny:

BUT that's a very interesting observation!! Remember in the 911 video, it's a car accident that sends her into the dreamlike Color Of Pomgrenades world.

So cars might be a metaphor for trauma and thus, one of the "portals" to Chromatica. Very cool, too bad we didn't get to explore more of this album -- the concept is just genius.

Edit: And @Smcgibben has a very plqusible and sad theory why it's cars specifically. Speechless.

2 hours ago, SharGaga said:

Did yall ever think the lyric 'scratch my nails into the dirt' is about teeth grinding when high on illicit substances. One of the ways to stop that and keep your mouth open and prevent teeth grinding is to scratch something. Just a random thought.

I always thought that was a continuation of the other lyric

"Every single day, yeah, I dig a grave
Then I sit inside it wondering if I'll behave"

Because of the dirt inside the grave

Werewolves Wanted
2 hours ago, Cersei Lannister said:

My real theory for it is she’s at the height of her powers when she’s our “Enigma” on the stage making magic. Then after the rush of the show she’s walking home and hears the lonely sound of cars passing by and goes back to her pain and trauma among the backdrop of the dull, monotonous reality of the cruel world. But that probably has nothing to do with anything and it’s probably just a cool effect to bridge the songs lol 

That... gave me chills. Even if it’s not correct, it fits so well. I wonder what connection Gaga has to car accidents, considering there’s been a few now in her videos. 

Siena
1 hour ago, sarcamstic said:

as morbid as it sounds, this is exactly what i thought of. as a survivor myself, the replaying of very specific audio/sensory sensations that occurred during/after the incident are very common. so when she says the scars in her mind are on replay, i associated it with the trauma, or what followed, being on replay in her head, thus prompting the trauma response of falling into a dark place again.

Wow too many people have had to experience that so I’m really sorry :runhug:  But thank you for sharing that, it seems that this may be the most plausible reason.

Archived