💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

"Positions" scores biggest female Vinyl launch of all time in the US

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

Speaking of belated physical arrivals… Ariana Grande’s former No. 1 Positions zooms 79-2 on Top Album Sales thanks to its vinyl LP and cassette tape release on April 9. The album was initially released on CD and digital download, and via streaming services, on Oct. 30, 2020.

Positions sold 35,000 copies in the U.S. in the week ending April 15 – up 1,614% compared to the previous week’s sales (2,000). The majority of the album’s sales in the most recent week were from its vinyl LP, with a little over 32,000 sold via the format (across a couple of colorful variants, including a glow-in-the-dark version exclusive to Target).

Meanwhile, Positions’ CD sales totaled nearly 2,000 for the week, its cassette sold 900 copies, while downloads comprised under 200 copies. Positions tallies the third-largest sales week for a vinyl album since MRC Data began tracking sales in 1991.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9559321/ariana-grande-positions-posts-vinyl-sales-jumps-billboard-top-album-sales-chart/

Biggest vinyl launch weeks since 1991:

1. Jack White - Lazaretto (40k)
2. Pearl Jam - Vitology (34k)
3. Ariana Grande - Positions (32k)
4. Paul McCartney - McCartney III (31,9k)
5. Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails over the Countryclub (31,9k)

JusKeepBreathin

My goodness she sells more vinyls than freaking Paul McCartney. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

DOJA CAT
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

My goodness she sells more vinyls than freaking Paul McCartney. 

I think its because of the amount of vinyls she has, like there is different colours which some fans will buy multiple as opposed to just buying one plain black one because that's all thats offered.

OT: She did that

thank u, next

Good for them for having vinyls with the proper album art sleeves than just a ugly transparent **** 

LadyEnigma

yk I was gonna buy this vinyl but I saw it in store and the cover looks horrible as a sleeve

high culture

When I saw this news yesterday I was surprised because I was like there is no way she sold more vinyl in a week than like Stevie Nicks or someone who was popular when vinyl was the popular format in the 70s but I see they’ve only been tracking since 1991. 

I believe this is almost certainly due to the charts not counting preorders now so she had several weeks to amass preorders and when they all shipped it was counted as one week of sales. 

Archived