💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Boldest music video by a pop girl ever?

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

enissa11
1 hour ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Not sure why people keeping posting any Gaga vids, they're great but hardly bold...even Judas is tame; the only bold thing about it was that was released on Good Friday. The only correct answers are the following Madonna videos: Justify My Love, Like a Prayer, Erotica, and American Life (original). To even suggest there are other pop girls who can come close to being as bold as Madonna is offensive. 

for sure Madonna is bold, but her boldness is also because of the times she released the videos, don't discredit gaga, for me is equally bold a black jesus and burning crosses to jesus, mary magdalene and judas having erotic trio scenes

Playing with holy religious imagery like that is always bold, but of course Madonna made it much more "easer" for gaga.

Mad Architect of Light

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starmie25

911 - Lady Gaga 

Pass That Dutch/Get Ur Freak On/One Minute Man etc - Missy Elliott 

Praying - Kesha 

Bad Girls - M.I.A 

Wild - Jessie J 

Slow - Kylie Minogue 

3 hours ago, Jose P said:

They’ve already been posted so I’ll just repeat it:

Like A Prayer

Justify My Love

Erotica

American Life

Barely any pop girl has come close to the boldness, audacity, and sheer nerve of those music videos.

I would also add this video's 

Cookie Tookie

The first page pretty much sums it all up. Madonna and Gaga have been pioneers of bold and controversial music videos. 

StrawberryBlond

Can't believe that no one's said this yet:

It's still shocking to me after all this time, even after nearly 20 years. I'm still amazed such a video was even allowed to get made considering she was Micky Mouse Club affiliated just 3 years previously. The risks she took with this is unbelievable, it's not palatable for the public at all, parents didn't want their kids watching this and there were questions of whether it should be allowed on tv. This doesn't even look like a pop music video, more like a hip hop video and a really raunchy one at that. So many moments make me uncomfortable but it's still a spectacle to behold no matter what you think of it. You could say a lot of commentary here about how this is a prime example of how women in the industry are sexualised young while their fans are still young and how they're encouraged to do it so their careers continue and whatnot but it's a legendary moment regardless.

Other ones I can think of (that aren't just sexually based) are:

Rihanna - Bitch Better Have My Money

Pink - Dear Mr President

Demi Lovato - Dancing With The Devil

Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball

Sabrina - Boys (her breast constantly falls out her top so subtley you barely notice it but it falls out completely at one point and in live performances, she was always wearing a really low cut top and would end up falling out of it. Considering it was the 80's, I'm surprised it was allowed).

GUY is my answer although not too bold. It was just bold of her to say “if you won’t pay for my multi-million dollar album film, I will” to Interscope... she really committed for us there. :flutter:

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

boyerased

There’s always context and Madonna will always take the cake. She broke barriers. LAP with the religious imagery then Justify My Love for the eroticism. Gaga came close with Alejandro. It was at her peak and she got balls to release that.

enissa11
35 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Can't believe that no one's said this yet:

It's still shocking to me after all this time, even after nearly 20 years. I'm still amazed such a video was even allowed to get made considering she was Micky Mouse Club affiliated just 3 years previously. The risks she took with this is unbelievable, it's not palatable for the public at all, parents didn't want their kids watching this and there were questions of whether it should be allowed on tv. This doesn't even look like a pop music video, more like a hip hop video and a really raunchy one at that. So many moments make me uncomfortable but it's still a spectacle to behold no matter what you think of it. You could say a lot of commentary here about how this is a prime example of how women in the industry are sexualised young while their fans are still young and how they're encouraged to do it so their careers continue and whatnot but it's a legendary moment regardless.

Other ones I can think of (that aren't just sexually based) are:

Rihanna - Bitch Better Have My Money

Pink - Dear Mr President

Demi Lovato - Dancing With The Devil

Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball

Sabrina - Boys (her breast constantly falls out her top so subtley you barely notice it but it falls out completely at one point and in live performances, she was always wearing a really low cut top and would end up falling out of it. Considering it was the 80's, I'm surprised it was allowed).

i think the problem with that video is not the explicit female sexuality, but rather that it is very male gazed in a way that Gaga's or Madonna's videos aren't unless is intentional, wasn't britney doing the same at that point with i'm a slave for u?

Mad Architect of Light

JusKeepBreathin

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

androiduser

Madonna - Like a Prayer, Justify My Love, Erotica, American Life (although I dislike this one and think it's pretentious)

Archived