Boldest music video by a pop girl ever?

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A MESS
10 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Not sure why people keeping posting any Gaga vids, they're great but hardly bold...even Judas is tame; the only bold thing about it was that was released on Good Friday. The only correct answers are the following Madonna videos: Justify My Love, Like a Prayer, Erotica, and American Life (original). To even suggest there are other pop girls who can come close to being as bold as Madonna is offensive. 

I always say, Gaga could have been, but she compromised to gain credibility. What happened in the ARTPOP era is imho what made her steer towards the White American dream she is symbolic of now.

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

HuffsAhoy
Just now, milam said:

I always say, Gaga could have been, but she compromised to gain credibility. What happened in the ARTPOP era is imho what made her steer towards the White American dream she is symbolic of now.

I don't agree with this at all. I think in order to stay successful you have to compromise some, every has to, it's just part of the game. I don't see her as symbolic of the  American Dream (in its literal sense) 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

flyaway

I think the American Life video is pretty "in your face", and it makes a bold statement about war. 

I was thinking about Alright by Kendrick Lamar, but he's not a pop girl :bear:

alsemanche

Björk's Pagan Poetry (directed by Nick Knight). I mean she literally filmed herself having sex with her partner at the time (including oral sex and ejaculation footage) and made it into a video + all the piercing/beading action and the topless McQueen dress... iconic if you ask me. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

A MESS
13 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I don't agree with this at all. I think in order to stay successful you have to compromise some, every has to, it's just part of the game. I don't see her as symbolic of the  American Dream (in its literal sense) 

I get it, you're right in saying so, but she compromised all of her punk attitude and started playing super safe imo. Even Chromatica, as much as a flamboyant era that can be, is very mature and respectful.

With "White American Dream" I tried to say that she's acting appropriately for her age, she moves in the cogs of the machine and project the image of a proper lady. There's nothing bad in this, but I can't see the way a girl wanting to become a rockstar compromised and became so accomodating, so smooth, with no grit, singing the national anthem for a Biden-Harris government (sorry I'm too leftist to eat the american democratic bs stuff don't hate me c.c) with a dress that had to pass the veto and to fit well with the aesthetic of the presidential inauguration. Enough moral high ground, let's go stream Chromatica and peace.

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

FFXIV WhiteMage
21 minutes ago, milam said:

I get it, you're right in saying so, but she compromised all of her punk attitude and started playing super safe imo. Even Chromatica, as much as a flamboyant era that can be, is very mature and respectful.

With "White American Dream" I tried to say that she's acting appropriately for her age, she moves in the cogs of the machine and project the image of a proper lady. There's nothing bad in this, but I can't see the way a girl wanting to become a rockstar compromised and became so accomodating, so smooth, with no grit, singing the national anthem for a Biden-Harris government (sorry I'm too leftist to eat the american democratic bs stuff don't hate me c.c) with a dress that had to pass the veto and to fit well with the aesthetic of the presidential inauguration. Enough moral high ground, let's go stream Chromatica and peace.

You are right regarding Gaga toning down and becoming less daring and all. But let me remind you that even Madonna compromised her boldness in order to stay in the game longer. 

I’d rather call Gaga’s move as being wise and smart. She now have a control of when and where to go wild. She knows the amount of bizarreness and boldness she has to put in a performance/project. If she didn’t do so, then you wouldn’t even be able to stream Chromatica and peace. :)

FFXIV WhiteMage
51 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Not sure why people keeping posting any Gaga vids, they're great but hardly bold...even Judas is tame; the only bold thing about it was that was released on Good Friday. The only correct answers are the following Madonna videos: Justify My Love, Like a Prayer, Erotica, and American Life (original). To even suggest there are other pop girls who can come close to being as bold as Madonna is offensive. 

Boldness can be interpreted as being courageous and risky, and/or going against the norms and be innovative.

Madonna is all about defiance and being courageously risky while Gaga is the most innovative MPG I’ve seen so far.

So NO, posting Gaga vids is not offensive with respect to the topic 

A MESS
11 minutes ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

You are right regarding Gaga toning down and becoming less daring and all. But let me remind you that even Madonna compromised her boldness in order to stay in the game longer. 

I’d rather call Gaga’s move as being wise and smart. She now have a control of when and where to go wild. She knows the amount of bizarreness and boldness she has to put in a performance/project. If she didn’t do so, then you wouldn’t even be able to stream Chromatica and peace. :)

not you quoting me for shading me lol love you girl

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

FFXIV WhiteMage
2 minutes ago, milam said:

not you quoting me for shading me lol love you girl

lady gaga applause GIF

enissa11
2 hours ago, Magic Mike said:

American Life by Madonna (uncensored) - I watched when I was 10 years old and it shook me until today 

it is, but the song is so bad tho, the rap always make cringe, and i think that technically it was never officially released

Mad Architect of Light

Archived