Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do What You Want the hit that got away?

Aphasic

Featured Posts

CheapGin

I still think they should have released Venus as the second single...that’s the hit that got away from ARTPOP :fthis:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gypsy101

it’s in bad taste but the R Kelly version is just the best one, sorry bout it:trollga:

4 hours ago, Chromatikitten said:

7 #1s if Applause didn’t go up against Roar :fatcat:

8 #1s if Bad Romance wasn’t blocked by TikTok :dom:

applause peaked at number 4 though. bad romance was a shame, blocked by both Tik Tok and Empire State of Mind

venuspop
1 hour ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

"Do What U Want (feat. The Weeknd)" could have been HUGE. :fatcat:

thank you! this is what should've happened and it would've aged like WINE seeing how where he is now :enigma:

rocket number 9 take off to the planet 🚀

Aussie

I guess it’s good it got away cause the end result would have been the same: removed from album.

contrary to what seems to be the popular opinion in here, I always loved the R.Kelly version so much more than the Xtina one

Shaney
1 hour ago, Lady Rah Rah said:

Its a true shame this wonderful song has been tarnished. I really hope she re-releases ARTPOP one day with the solo/Xtina version on. 

She’s not going to because a lot of people got rapey vibes from the lyrics with or without R Kelly. 

Shaney
1 hour ago, CheapGin said:

I still think they should have released Venus as the second single...that’s the hit that got away from ARTPOP :fthis:

Agreed. 
Idk why Interscope insisted on limiting her creativity so much. The more balls to the wall Gaga could have gone the better ARTPOP could have been overall.

Fresco
2 hours ago, Aphasic Top said:

OMG! Somebody please create a movement or hashtag to have him involved in DWYW! 

Fox Broadcasting GIF by Gotham

The man spent his entire last era wrapped in bandages because someone did what they wanted to his body. (or something like that)

Think about the bandages he could continue to wear for DWYW with my body now.

He could even add a verse about sitting on him for 9:29 seconds.

"I can't breathe, but do what you want with my body now."

"sit on my back while I'm handcuffed. Do what you want with my body now"

It would be a motivator for the BLM folks for sure. And Gaga would get all the "credit".

:crossed: Horrible nasty song. Let it go away peacefully.

Fresco

Ps. Remember George Floyd. Think about the times we live in. Stop telling people to do what they want with your body. Real life doesn't use safewords. This is not a love song. Love isn't even mentioned.

PPS. Closing arguments are being made in the Chauvin case on Monday. The entire downtown of a major us city are boarded up (Minneapolis). There is razor wire and cement barriers surrounding the courthouse.  National guardsmen have been shot and hospitalized with driveby shooting. 

BlingNotTheMusic
24 minutes ago, Fresco said:

Ps. Remember George Floyd. Think about the times we live in. Stop telling people to do what they want with your body. Real life doesn't use safewords. This is not a love song. Love isn't even mentioned.

PPS. Closing arguments are being made in the Chauvin case on Monday. The entire downtown of a major us city are boarded up (Minneapolis). There is razor wire and cement barriers surrounding the courthouse.  National guardsmen have been shot and hospitalized with driveby shooting. 

Ma'am this is a Wendys.

(I agree with everything you said but random)

venuspop
2 hours ago, Donatellah said:

The solo version had A LOT of potential to be a great hit. I honestly would've liked more DWUW as the lead single than Applause, because it's shocker and good. I haven't listened the version with that man in years, because his verses ruined the actual meaning of the song and he's disgusting. The solo version will always be a masterpiece to me and it deserved better

I've always preferred the solo version or the version with XTina, both seem way more empowering and sound better to me :ohwell:

rocket number 9 take off to the planet 🚀

Noir

Beautiful. I wish she released this version all along. 

Archived