Demi Lovato bashes selling of sugar free cookies

Lighter

Featured Posts

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FfFfFfFF
17 minutes ago, Cherries said:

Look, point is my comment quoting your comment was noticing some holes in your post. You also noticed some holes in mine. One of your points, that i should have put my points in one whole comment. I agree that putting them in multiple wasn't the best choice but i put them that was as other people had concerns and thoughts on it that i responded to. 

I don't want to drag this out into a longer argument but it's not just at the expense of Demi but at the expense of a large number of people affected but both eating disorders and society telling them what a body should look like. Of course that is not the only reason for the sugar free cookies but also because it's unhealthy.

You have stated that you understand trauma's effect on people. I only thought your post wasn't including a lot of sensitivity towards Demi. Demi isn't here to defend herself unlike you and me are both active to.

I hope this comment can be seen not as an attack towards you but as defence for Demi.

What holes in my post?

Yes, trauma can affect one's life in many ways. One may associate a certain food or brand with an unfortunate event (someone's passing). One may remember of a traumatic event after seeing a certain product (like the rape-condom connection). Does that mean shops and stores should not put them on display? People with diabetes probably outnumber people with bulimia that may (or may not be affected by seeing them, as it's unclear what Demi's reasons are to begin with). If sugar-free content is put on display so people with obesity, diabetes or just following certain diets won't be tempted to buy them makes 100% sense, even with the risk that someone with bulimia may or may not link them with their own body image.

Yes, about the part of "defending Demi" - 100% looks like you are her fan and therefore angry at people being justifiabily confused by her. 

You can't expect the world to gravitate around your needs and get angry at normal things. Trauma works in ways but at one point you have to be resonable instead of demanding and unresonable with people that din nothing wrong (the shop owners or who put sugar-free cookies on display).

Economy
7 hours ago, Forbidden Love said:

I mean some people have to have sugar free options. Some people prefer sugar free options. It's a sweets place, for sure they're gonna put the healthier options out prominently to let people know they have options for people who need them instead of making them hard to find in the display cases. 

Are they healthier tho? :triggered:

Ok i dont about about these specific cookies... but most deserts that are "sugar free" are still sweet with artificial sweetners and other crap that is worse for u than sugar :toofunny:

It might still be preferable for extreme diabetics that have an extremely hard time controlling their blood sugar... but excluding that most "sugar free" is not "healthier" unless its a recipe where they dont taste all that sweet and dont attempt to mimick the flavour of sugar :emma:

Cherries
47 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Yes, about the part of "defending Demi" - 100% looks like you are her fan and therefore angry at people being justifiabily confused by her. 

Heh, this may not be the best time to say it but i'm really not. I respect her as a person but personally find her music a bit generic and hard to listen to.

I've learned love is like a brick. You can build a house or sink a dead body

JanStan

She is such trash. The literal embodiment of toxic cancel culture. A victim who instead of uses her experience to help and empower people, thinks it means she’s entitled to demand people give her what SHE wants. Why people like her I will never understand. Such a waste of talent. 

Healed My Heart
5 hours ago, Cherries said:

It's not sarcastic or anything. This is a dig at diet culture. Demi knows almost more than anyone about diet culture as in her new album she details in one of the songs melon cake about not even being able to eat birthday cake on her birthday which TW spiked eating disorders. Diet culture inflicts people into the idea that certain foods are just wrong, especially to woman. Cookies are one of these foods. Y'all need to grow up if you have a problem with this. Calling this situation "very Demi Lovato". Clearly you all aren't famous because none of you understand what she has had to go though and many other artists do. 

This. We don't have specifics (i.e. a view in the store), but she said "other diet products" as well - I'm thinking maybe these weren't just innocuous sugar-free options but possibly things marketed as diet foods (there's a difference, imo). Maybe in the same vein as the Kardashians' appetite-suppressent lollipops.

For anyone that hasn't struggled with an eating disorder, I understand this can seem ridiculous. And I don't disagree she probably overreacted to the situation by blasting the business on social media. But she's in recovery and was triggered and I think everyone could do with a little more empathy. Especially bc none of us were there or know the context of the situation.

She/her 💗💜💙

Chesescake

I don't see the problem about her comment, why people calling her dumb? 

Cherries
4 minutes ago, Healed My Heart said:

This. We don't have specifics (i.e. a view in the store), but she said "other diet products" as well - I'm thinking maybe these weren't just innocuous sugar-free options but possibly things marketed as diet foods (there's a difference, imo). Maybe in the same vein as the Kardashians' appetite-suppressent lollipops.

For anyone that hasn't struggled with an eating disorder, I understand this can seem ridiculous. And I don't disagree she probably overreacted to the situation by blasting the business on social media. But she's in recovery and was triggered and I think everyone could do with a little more empathy. Especially bc none of us were there or know the context of the situation.

You phrased it better than i could ever have. 

I've learned love is like a brick. You can build a house or sink a dead body

FFXIV WhiteMage
7 hours ago, RAMROD said:

The place that sells that sugar free stuffs is also selling frozen yogurt as their main selling items. Frozen yoghurt have tons of sugar in them, especially the flavored ones. She just saying it was hypocritical.

How is it hypocritical? They are offering "healthier" alternatives on their common products. Why would people bash them for that? :smh:

ALGAYDO
6 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Well, I think she should let her own self breathe without coming up with a terrible take every other day :huntyga:

It is so very hard to be nice to a person who spews highly unintelligent stuff on almost a daily basis. 

But just because someone is, idk how to word this properly without myself being rude, but like, stupid? Dumb? Anyway just because someone is that doesn’t mean we should all bully her like this :noparty:

Gimme More

God, when you think she can't get any worse she does.

Imagine bashing a small business that is already probably struggling as it is in the current climate and to publicly attempt to tarnish their reputation. This sort of thing could really cause that business to shut down and cause damage to individuals lives.

There are people out there that need sugar free options for medical/dietary reasons, so who is she to attack this business for catering to those people?

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Pennywise
5 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

But just because someone is, idk how to word this properly without myself being rude, but like, stupid? Dumb? Anyway just because someone is that doesn’t mean we should all bully her like this :noparty:

I know, this whole situation is sad honestly, but at the same time, does she have absolutely no one to tell her that she's being messy? 

I hope she can find people around who genuinely care about her tbh because I don't see all this ending well. We all know how cruel the media and the internet can be, and she's not doing anything to discourage them - not that she SHOULD, but it is the reality of being famous in this age. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Benji

I want to like her but it feels like she always has the worst opinions and hot takes.  For someone who takes criticism badly, she doesn’t half throw it out publicly.

Lighter
7 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Why is she like this 

The shop responded 

79-A2-A256-9850-4258-A38-B-550-CCDE1-B87

watch her throw tantrums

Archived