music news

Viola Davis expresses feeling like a leftover in Hollywood

Aphasic

Featured Posts

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rahrahbitchson

Amazing actress so sad to hear hollywood doesnt treat her like her contemporaries also why is she so skinny?  Anyways we have no choice but to stan the one and only Annalise Keating, give me a 0 in my exam mam :koons:

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Aphasic
2 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Amazing actress so sad to hear hollywood doesnt treat her like her contemporaries also why is she so skinny?  Anyways we have no choice but to stan the one and only Annalise Keating, give me a 0 in my exam mam :koons:

Probably she's preparing for a role. 

FrederickSpears

I love her. She looks scary skinny here so I hope everything is alright.

The Child

She’s one of the most talented actresses I’ve ever seen in my life. So sad she feels this way.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

GucciGa

This isn't a new clip. I hadn't heard of her until she did Doubt. I prefer Meryl as an actress. Viola can give some very powerful performances but she doesn't disappear into a role like Meryl does imo. 

😇

Aphasic
1 minute ago, GucciGa said:

This isn't a new clip. I hadn't heard of her until she did Doubt. I prefer Meryl as an actress. Viola can give some very powerful performances but she doesn't disappear into a role like Meryl does imo. 

The clip was just to put in context what she said in the recent interview. 

Reality

It's not just her, but so many BIPOC, women, LGBTQ+, Muslim, Jewish, etc., etc., etc., actors. Hollywood needs to do better in diversfying people in front of and behind the camera and also treating them as equals. Viola Davis is a phenomenal actress with an amazing resume, and it's such a shame she's being treated this way. 

🖤👹

The Child
20 minutes ago, Aphasic Top said:

I agree with all except for Jewish who run the movie industry in Hollywood and many many many actors are indeed Jewish and even though they represent 0.02 of world the population they have many more stories and characters who are openly Jewish in films than any other minority.

I honestly think there are many more characters who are openly Christian, how many weddings do you see in churches in movies? I mean heck even in cartoons such as the Simpson you see more of Christian people than Jewish.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

androiduser
27 minutes ago, Aphasic Top said:

I agree with all except for Jewish who run the movie industry in Hollywood and many many many actors are indeed Jewish and even though they represent 0.02 of world the population they have many more stories and characters who are openly Jewish in films than any other minority.

there is absolutely zero truth in this. it's just that writers and directors who are Jewish often tell their stories so of course they have Jewish characters.

And since a lot of movies are set in NY where there is a big Jewish community, there will be a large number of Jewish characters.

And as the person above me said, just think of how many Christian weddings you see in movies... most characters in movies are white heterosexual Christians.

MonsterofFame
38 minutes ago, androiduser said:

there is absolutely zero truth in this. it's just that writers and directors who are Jewish often tell their stories 

And why do you think that is? You don't think there's plenty of writers and directors who aren't Jewish that would love to have an opportunity to release a major film?

I have nothing against it, but let's not deny that Jewish representation in Hollywood isn't unusually high for a minority.

androiduser
7 minutes ago, MonsterofFame said:

And why do you think that is? You don't think there's plenty of writers and directors who aren't Jewish that would love to have an opportunity to release a major film?

I have nothing against it, but let's not deny that Jewish representation in Hollywood isn't unusually high for a minority.

But I still think that the majority of characters are white Christians. The most important Jewish screenwriter/director that comes to mind who has a lot of Jewish characters is Woody Allen.  Stanley Kubrick, for example, was also Jewish yet he had a lot of non-Jewish characters in his movies. George Cukor was Jewish and he was mostly making movies about white Christian characters from the past eras (Gone With the Wind)... a lot of Jewish directors/producers make movies about white Christians, but you don't give it any second thought because they are the "norm".

JusKeepBreathin

She is spilling so much tea.

There are many minority actors not getting what they deserve. Also many LGBTQIA that also get looked over for roles and get paid less. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Kadikaado

Being 100% honest there's barely any role for ANY woman over 35 years in Hollywood. Industry just consider woman while their appearance is still fertile.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Archived