💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Viola Davis expresses feeling like a leftover in Hollywood

Aphasic

Featured Posts

NCgaga

You cannot compare Jewish to black or any race. Jew is an ethnic group not a race. Judaism is a religion. You can leave/convert to  an ethnic group or religion, but you can’t leave/convert to a race. Most American Jews are white. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A MESS

not y'all talking about "raaaaaaaace" or "the JEEEEEEEEEEEWS"  :saladga:

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

Shale101

She sounds salty as hell.  Reminds me of Monique.  She obviously thinks VERY highly of herself.  " I'm number one on the call sheet"...."  You can't compare me to you, because once again I got the Oscar, I got the Emmy.  I got the two Tony's.  I've done broadway.  I've done off broadway.  I've done tv.  I've done film.  I've done all of it."  She mention Meryl Streep twice in the interview I assume because Meryl Is consider by many as one of the best female actors of all time.  She says her career is "comparable" to Meryl even though Meryl is 71 and she is only 55.  She really needs to sit down.  I'm in no way saying racism and gender inequality don't exist in Hollywood but gurlllllll come on.  You are a millionaire and you are coming off very salty and angry.  LIFE ISN'T FAIR to anyone who hasn't got the memo yet.  You can always compare yourself to some one else's situation and say well  I should be getting that.  We should continue to strive for equality in pay and treatment in Hollywood but maybe you aren't AS amazing as you think you are.  You are not Meryl and will never be.  Also it baffles me how actors attribute success  with getting the award......your measure of success should be if your TV show gets picked up for a second season....your measure of success should be if you continue to get work period.  This is a job....so if you are continuously making money acting then you should consider yourself a successful  actor.   

6 minutes ago, Shale101 said:

She sounds salty as hell.  Reminds me of Monique.  She obviously thinks VERY highly of herself.  " I'm number one on the call sheet"...."  You can't compare me to you, because once again I got the Oscar, I got the Emmy.  I got the two Tony's.  I've done broadway.  I've done off broadway.  I've done tv.  I've done film.  I've done all of it."  She mention Meryl Streep twice in the interview I assume because Meryl Is consider by many as one of the best female actors of all time.  She says her career is "comparable" to Meryl even though Meryl is 71 and she is only 55.  She really needs to sit down.  I'm in no way saying racism and gender inequality don't exist in Hollywood but gurlllllll come on.  You are a millionaire and you are coming off very salty and angry.  LIFE ISN'T FAIR to anyone who hasn't got the memo yet.  You can always compare yourself to some one else's situation and say well  I should be getting that.  We should continue to strive for equality in pay and treatment in Hollywood but maybe you aren't AS amazing as you think you are.  You are not Meryl and will never be.  Also it baffles me how actors attribute success  with getting the award......your measure of success should be if your TV show gets picked up for a second season....your measure of success should be if you continue to get work period.  This is a job....so if you are continuously making money acting then you should consider yourself a successful  actor.   

Definitely comes off that way. However, I happen to know Streep is her idol, and they are very close, so I don’t believe she’s saying she’s BETTER than her piers, just making a point that she can equal their accomplishments yet not reap the same benefits.  Thats because a black lead actor is marketed to and will draw a predominantly (smaller) black audience. Therefore it doesn’t make financial sense for a studio to pay the same....as things are.  So there should be a concerted effort to try break through that glass ceiling with talented minority leads.  

Archived