Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Guinness World Records credits Lady Gaga

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
2 hours ago, Economy said:

I wanna know of this is WW or US alone

Rihanna has more top 10s than anyone since Madonna. Thats a lot of hits. But those Super Mega hits that were huge in almost every major market at once like these 4 Gaga songs i actually dont think she has that many tbh

That may explain it if these numbers are global

If they are US based alone im also surprised Gaga has 4 and not Rihanna

Me too. I'm thinking it must be worldwide, as it's Guinness World Records. Do they do regional records as well? You make a good point, Rihanna has a lot of hits but they tended to perform at varying degrees worldwide. But again, if it is from a global standpoint, I was sure she'd stand the biggest chance. Taylor was the other name I considered. Her US sales alone are enough to carry her most of the time.

Don't know why so many people found my first post funny. I made a simple mistake. Or maybe they just find what they deem to be lack of faith in Gaga amusing. I'm just a realist. Gaga's got a lot of hits but the mega million smashes are  rarer. I just thought another woman would have totally set this record before.

38 minutes ago, MonsterofFame said:

Is anyone else still shook that Shallow, of all her songs, is the one to be up there with Bad Romance, Poker Face, etc?
Mostly because it doesn't sound like a mainstream radio song.

When you think about it, Shallow is her most mainstream song there. JD and PF came out at a time when dance was a new thing that people weren't getting into, we were still in the hip hop phase at that time. And BR is like industrial pop, it didn't sound anything like what other popstars were making at the time. But Shallow is an acoustic country-fused ballad. They're timeless, straight-forward and understandable and appeal to a much broader amount of people.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustTea
8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Wait are they talking about WW sales? I thought this was about US sales :sweat:

I find it hard to believe that only ONE artist has four 10M selling singles WW??

Ummmm, idk? :duck: Shallow was 7x Platinum eligible in the US last time I heard about it (not toooo long ago) :shrug:

@JazmineRice Ofc I forgot to add the link to my last reply, here check it out: https://chartmasters.org/2020/12/cspc-lady-gaga-albums-and-songs-sales/ :haroon:

Archived