Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Guinness World Records credits Lady Gaga

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

JazmineRice
1 hour ago, pedrohemg said:

I don't know if you're referring to the songs listed on this thread: Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, and Shallow. In case you are, you're so wrong. Poker Face is 10x platinum in US, and Bad Romance is 11x platinum. It's an official thing you can check yourself on https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/. Just Dance is officially 9x platinum in US. Shallow is a massive WW hit, and it's obviously sold at least 10kk worldwide. 

I'm referring to this http://www.mediatraffic.de/alltime-track-chart.htm 

it keeps track of weekly worldwide sales and all time sales for singles and albums

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pedrohemg
13 minutes ago, JazmineRice said:

I'm referring to this http://www.mediatraffic.de/alltime-track-chart.htm 

it keeps track of weekly worldwide sales and all time sales for singles and albums

We all know that unofficial source. But thank God, in US at least, we have RIAA, The Recording Industry Association of America, and they're responsible for officially saying how many units a song/album has sold in the US. And according to them, only in the US, PF and BR have more than 10kk units each. And Mediatraffic isn't a sales chart. You can see they use the word "points" for a reason. They even count radio to make that chart.

JazmineRice
10 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

We all know that unofficial source. But thank God, in US at least, we have RIAA, The Recording Industry Association of America, and they're responsible for officially saying how many units a song/album has sold in the US. And according to them, only in the US, PF and BR have more than 10kk units each. And Mediatraffic isn't a sales chart. You can see they use the word "points" for a reason. They even count radio to make that chart.

If they're using radio to count for points and its also worldwide, wouldn't it make it 2 more reasons why MediaTraffic should have higher numbers for songs that RIAA-since RIAA is only US?

pedrohemg
1 hour ago, JazmineRice said:

If they're using radio to count for points and its also worldwide, wouldn't it make it 2 more reasons why MediaTraffic should have higher numbers for songs that RIAA-since RIAA is only US?

No because, they have their own methodology to make that chart. They say: "Similar to the US-Billboard chart the global Track Chart based on a combination of streaming, sales and airplay. At the moment the ratio is 60% streaming, 20% sales and 20% airplay."  See? It's a chart just like the BB 100. RIAA is simple: 1 digital download = 1 unit; 150 streams  = 1 unit. If you want a WW sales source, you need to check Chartmasters. Take a look at this link for raw sales data https://chartmasters.org/2017/10/best-selling-artists-albums-and-singles-of-all-time/5/

JustTea
On 4/17/2021 at 9:39 PM, JazmineRice said:

But if you look here http://www.mediatraffic.de/alltime-track-chart.htm and "CTRL F" Lady Gaga you'll see that that is not in fact true. 

hate bubble GIF

:sharon: Are you serious? Mediatraffic is a fraud that stops counting "points" when the song gets out of top 40... And their numbers are way off for albums too. :smh:

22 hours ago, Lucas said:

I had no clue that Shallow was even close to 10M wtf! So 4 diamond singles in the US? Holy cow

I always thought ASIB music would be Gaga's floppiest era in terms of charts & sales and it's one of her best :golfclap:

It sold over 10.5M units in 2019 alone and was one of the best selling songs worldwide that year (IFPI report) :giggle:

21 hours ago, JazmineRice said:

Yes, 10,000,000 sales of a single or album is considered Diamond...but unfortunately that is not true for any of those. The Fame/Fame Monster is the only work of hers that has reached that feat.

10,000,000 units in the US is considered Diamond, global sales are different. Poker Face sold 20M+ pure sales globally. :classy:

There you can find all her official pure album and single sales (physical & digital) as of December 2020. So it's clear that Shallow is not 10M pure globally, and Telephone & Born This Way are both easily above 10M units worldwide. :staymad:

EDIT: Ooooops forgot the link! https://chartmasters.org/2020/12/cspc-lady-gaga-albums-and-songs-sales/ :smh:

OT: Weird that they didn't count Telephone & BTW, also I would think Adele has 4 songs 10M+ globally as well as Katy. :laughga:

Lucas
56 minutes ago, JustTea said:

It sold over 10.5M units in 2019 alone and was one of the best selling songs worldwide that year (IFPI report) :giggle:

Wait are they talking about WW sales? I thought this was about US sales :sweat:

I find it hard to believe that only ONE artist has four 10M selling singles WW??

FFXIV WhiteMage
10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Wait are they talking about WW sales? I thought this was about US sales :sweat:

I find it hard to believe that only ONE artist has four 10M selling singles WW??

As hard as it is to believe, Yes - Gaga is the first female to have four 10M+ selling songs :pray:

I think most of the MPGs are around 2-3 song with 10M+

flyaway
20 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

ARTPOP Act II lead single is REALLY coming to be her 5th :staymad:

We'll love ARTPOP ACT II but...

Economy
20 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

BTW sold 10 million? Genuinely surprised. But I really didn't think she was the first woman to do this. I would've thought someone like Rihanna was the first. Not that I'm complaining.

I wanna know of this is WW or US alone

Rihanna has more top 10s than anyone since Madonna. Thats a lot of hits. But those Super Mega hits that were huge in almost every major market at once like these 4 Gaga songs i actually dont think she has that many tbh

That may explain it if these numbers are global

If they are US based alone im also surprised Gaga has 4 and not Rihanna

MonsterofFame
22 hours ago, MaMaMarryTheNight said:

We Stan a queen :tony:

F2059942-E13-D-40-A1-9250-11-B975337866.

Wait... I can't tell if her face is mashed with someone else's here...? If so, who? :derpga:

MonsterofFame

Is anyone else still shook that Shallow, of all her songs, is the one to be up there with Bad Romance, Poker Face, etc?
Mostly because it doesn't sound like a mainstream radio song.

Archived