💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

When Gaga said she was mismanaged during ARTPOP...?

Dr Fudge

Featured Posts

mouiler cul chatte
17 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I find it hard to believe she didn't want TI, Twista, and Too Short on JnD. All you have to do is watch the passion she has during the performance at the iTunes fest to see this is perhaps one of her favorite songs on the album; she even says before singing that JnD is a type of music she'd never made before but was excited to dip her feet into. 

It’s so obvious she was experimenting with r&b, trap and hip hop back in 2012. The studio pics and demos with kendrick, working with azaelia, Robert kelly, etc. 

I don’t think she felt confident enough in fully delving into something like that though. A shame. She would make a great Mariah Carey esque piano or even a more Gaga ‘sweetener’ record 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Magneto

I love this ARTPOP resurgence and seeing everyone's theories. Thanks for sharing and hopefully we will one day know the truth:vegas:

Free my mind

PropaGaga
On 4/17/2021 at 10:01 AM, FudgeyBear said:

Now rewatching this concert the one thing that’s super apparent is the fact that 7/8 songs performed here are different than how they were on the album. While it’s common knowledge that Gaga was mismanaged during this era, do you think that part of this mismanagement by Troy was being forced to change the vision she had for these songs? I know it’s common for songs to change a lot as they’re created, but it’s surprising that she’d sing 7 songs live before she felt confident in the final creation, especially being the perfectionist that she is. Most artists don’t do such a large preview of an album before its release, which grants viewers an exclusive view at how much an album can change before release. Which is why this particular concert is so poignant for ARTPOP analysis- between this performance and leaks, that’s all we really have (as fans) to understand how much the album shifted during its creation.

Gaga said she only agreed to do the iTunes Festival performance if she could perform all new material because she had just gotten off tour earlier that year and didn't want to do "Bad Romance" fo the millionth time. For her, ARTPOP was supposed to be a closing of a chapter, and she even said she thought of it like a greatest hits. The "mismanagement" was the album being put out sooner than she wanted and her being pushed into deals she had no part in negotiating because she was in the hospital; she said that Troy never visited her when she had her hip operated on/while she was recovering.

When I met her on the BTWB, only a couple weeks before it was cancelled, we spoke about her plans for ARTPOP and she told me she wanted to take a break after the tour was done. She wanted to recenter herself by doing other things she loved before jumping into another campaign, and really take her time and put it out the following year. Obviously none of that happened, and what soon followed was a bit of a car crash.

S0436

Although Bobby is not a perfect manager, she has done well getting him as her manager.  He seems a lot more friendly and compassionate than Troy Carter. :golfclap:

River

Who called her a sinking ship? troy or akon?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Ziggy
On 4/17/2021 at 10:46 AM, kukuryku666 said:

Gaga was one of the executive producers of ARTPOP

(Vincent Herbert was the other one and DJWS was a co-exec)

She changed what she wanted, maybe other producers told her that something could be different

But Gaga had the control, so if she didn't like it, she wouldn't have done it.

Well, to a extent. We know she presented something to Interscope at some point and they told her to go back to the drawing board, basically. So she doesn't have *total* control. but idk about iTunes Fest specifically.

AyaKara

Gaga wanted Venus to be a single, she wanted the pop and art two-disc album, she once said that she and DJWS made 80 songs and the label picked which ones they wanted. There was also a post-ARTPOP interview where she said that she wanted to make her own label because she was tired of being micromanaged. She said many things back then that implied, if not stated directly, how things were not how she wanted.

HIM820

All of this reminds me of how her success is such a double edged sword. Her becoming more famous and having successful albums have given her more creative freedom and the capital to create it, but also made her micromanaged because of the stakes of it all. On the other hand, if she were more indie than mainstream, she probably would be able to make double albums, switch genres easily etc etc, but then not have the money to do them to the fullest extent. 

Defmix100
On 4/17/2021 at 4:01 PM, FudgeyBear said:

Now rewatching this concert the one thing that’s super apparent is the fact that 7/8 songs performed here are different than how they were on the album

I haven't watched it in a while but I thought the differences were IWBWU, MANiCURE and Sexxx Dreams
weren't the other 5 songs the same as release?

Ronk
On 4/17/2021 at 11:39 AM, Zilla said:

To me, Troy and previous management didn’t really care she was coming off surgery and pushed her too far. Didn’t value/prioritize her and her needs but wanted to use her to fulfill their needs, meaning revenue. She wanted to be “free” when her management at the time wanted her to do this or that. ARTPOP is completely different than what they wanted.

Mte.  It's terrible to treat someone that way.  Even criminal, imo, because it can effect an artist's mental health.  She was put in an awful situation.  Maybe she could have put her foot down and said screw all of you and then do nothing until she was healed, but then where would she be?  They were messing with her artistic baby, and if failed it's her who would take the blame in public opinion.  The public doesn't know artists can't always do what they want.  A mess.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Dr Fudge
46 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

I haven't watched it in a while but I thought the differences were IWBWU, MANiCURE and Sexxx Dreams
weren't the other 5 songs the same as release?

Nah. Aura has the demo raw vocals, jewels n drugs has this cool edm break down during the bridge, swine has an intro plus a strong guitar solo, and ARTPOP has the heehees.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

King J

I think djws has a lot of tea (:ohwell:) on the era and its creative process. 

I think her management and labels people didn't believe in the project as much as Lady Gaga, a visionary, did.. because they had no foresight it was obviously ahead of its time conceptually. 

However, I think the majority of ARTPOP was stunted by label-politics. 

Rowt ay soyng aybouwt yer eyesh, ayt ay sliysche ohf cherreh pye. Eye crei'd awl noiyght.

enissa11
15 hours ago, FudgeyBear said:

Nah. Aura has the demo raw vocals, jewels n drugs has this cool edm break down during the bridge, swine has an intro plus a strong guitar solo, and ARTPOP has the heehees.

i think it is a stretch, her live versions always have new and interesting things that the studio versions don't have.
for example the intro of Paparazzi at the VMAs and its amazing and creepy bridge in piano. Did i want it in the studio version? of course, Does it mean she was forced to cut it out to appeal more the masses? i don't think so, like this example there are dozens, i think she agrees more in those things than you think.
She has always been worried to be recognized for her ability as a performer, and to surprise the audience in her live shows and provide them an exclusive experience they wouldn't find anywhere else, so of course she want to put new and cool things in her live shows, she's a theater kid, it doesn't mean she's not satisfied with the studio versions.
And even in the end they didn't change that much in terms of structure, they were just add ons..

Mad Architect of Light

VasilisVas
On 4/17/2021 at 11:13 AM, homomo said:

I don't think so, because I clearly remember Gaga saying that she purposely changed the songs a bit specifically for the performance. Just so the ARTPOP release would still sound like a fresh experience.

This. The entire post is a reach. 

dynamite
15 hours ago, FudgeyBear said:

The studio ARTPOP has heehees they're just quieter

Archived