Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

When Gaga said she was mismanaged during ARTPOP...?

Dr Fudge

Featured Posts

HuffsAhoy
6 minutes ago, Bio said:

The songs did not even change that much, it was a bridge right here, some backing vocals there... it doesn’t make sense at all for Troy demanding her to change such small details.

Every song she performed live is billions of time better than the final product, that's an undisputedable fact. It is so obvious the label forced her hand to make them sound more commercial. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
enissa11
31 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Well she could not exactly said “I was forced to put rappers on my album”, “I was forced to put that “man” on my album. She has hinted that this was not the case and she was forced to change things on ARTPOP. 

it doesn't make sense, gaga in the same festival said right before perform JnD something like "people want to put me into a little box, and it's like i have to be a good girl and stay in the box, but i don't  want to stay inside, i want to be outside the box with you"
She made JnD to experiment with something new and be outside the dance pop box, JnD is a straight up and weird hip hop song with an old school trap beat and a bunch of electronic stuff and a really odd structure, back in 2013 trap and hip hop wasn't chart dominated genre and rappers were often relegated to be featured in EDM pop songs

Mad Architect of Light

js4754394o9823
10 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Every song she performed live is billions of time better than the final product, that's an undisputedable fact. It is so obvious the label forced her hand to make them sound more commercial. 

It's feels better because of the emotions

It's more raw and in your face

But that's not what you always want to do in your songs

Sometimes less is better or you have a different vision

Again, she's the executive producer

She choosed what she liked the best

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

enissa11
19 minutes ago, Bio said:

The songs did not even change that much, it was a bridge right here, some backing vocals there... it doesn’t make sense at all for Troy demanding her to change such small details.

i agree, the songs didn't change that much...

Mad Architect of Light

13 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

No, that's an opinion, the songs did not change that much. She added a few hee hee's to ARTPOP, pushed the "heal me" part of Manicure to the bridge and added the can you feel it, added some backing vocals and changed the bridge to Sexxx Dreams... The rest is just alterations because it was a live set and not a studio version. Remember on littlemonsters.com Gaga said she wanted to make the album as if every song could be on the radio, so it was her intention all along for it to sound super commercial. 

Dr Fudge
29 minutes ago, Bio said:

I have to kindly disagree as well. Look at the comparison between Aura as a demo and the final product. Song crafting is an art because even fine details can make a huge difference in how it’s received as a whole. Most fans prefer the demo of Aura to the final product because the first verse is more raw while the rest is the same. I remember how much everyone hated the “hey kids reading is fun” line from when Taylor released Me! and then she removed it from the MV and album and it’s since made the song tremendously better. One line, one lyric, one sound...small details can have big impact. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

1 minute ago, FudgeyBear said:

I have to kindly disagree as well. Look at the comparison between Aura as a demo and the final product. Song crafting is an art because even fine details can make a huge difference in how it’s received as a whole. Most fans prefer the demo of Aura to the final product because the first verse is more raw while the rest is the same. I remember how much everyone hated the “hey kids reading is fun” line from when Taylor released Me! and then she removed it from the MV and album and it’s since made the song tremendously better. One line, one lyric, one sound...small details can have big impact. 

Well if you watch the video Tara posted of the early early demo of Aura (May 2012), you can see that the vocals are more similar to the final version we got. Especially on the "more than enough" part. So how can you say it was Troy who made the decision to make the song more commercial when those particular vocals were there from the beginning? Also, as I said, it was a small change, Yes, it made a difference for the fans, but it didn't make the song any more commercial than it was. 

pussycat

Idk where I got this from now that I think about it- but i thought the heavy production on ARTPOP was also a bit forced ? Or that they had to rush it or something?

flyaway

Well, I think there was a hard fight to put out the songs we have. Again, this is not by any means a conventional album a normal popstar would put out.

So of course there's pressure from the record label. Remember this is Gaga after her peak of massive success with TFM and BTW, of course her label wanted more and more money out of her. 

Maybe the album wasn't ready, or Gaga wanted to give a peak into the creative process as she envisioned it. It's hard to know. 

Maybe one day she will tell all in a memoir...

enissa11
17 minutes ago, pussycat said:

Idk where I got this from now that I think about it- but i thought the heavy production on ARTPOP was also a bit forced ? Or that they had to rush it or something?

no one likes heavy and loud instrumentations, metal would be mainstream then, i think gaga is the popstar who has the more heavy instrumentations and manages to to pass it in the mainstream with extremely catchy and pop melodies on top of it, the instrumental of bad romance is a savagery for example...

Mad Architect of Light

HuffsAhoy
1 hour ago, Bio said:

No, that's an opinion, the songs did not change that much. She added a few hee hee's to ARTPOP, pushed the "heal me" part of Manicure to the bridge and added the can you feel it, added some backing vocals and changed the bridge to Sexxx Dreams... The rest is just alterations because it was a live set and not a studio version. Remember on littlemonsters.com Gaga said she wanted to make the album as if every song could be on the radio, so it was her intention all along for it to sound super commercial. 

We will just agree to disagree. The demos are superior to the final product and I really refuse to acknowledge otherwise :ohwell: Doesn't mean I hate the album though

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Helxig

From what I remember back then everyone was talking about how ARTPOP was rushed along and the album wasn't even finished at the time of the iTunes Festival. I guess part of the mismanagement is that they pushed her to release it sooner than she wanted to. Also that Troy overworked her and pushed her too hard after her surgery. He was known for booking her schedule like crazy, which is where we got that iconic GIF of her staring into space for a long time during that interview. At the time her schedule was something like promo in the US, flown straight to the UK and hadn't slept, straight to perform on X Factor, straight to that interview, and she was not even there mentally anymore. Also he was slowly giving up on her because she wasn't making as much money as during BTW, and he eventually just dropped her for other artists who would make more money. No empathy, no sense of humanity, just treated her like a cash cow and dumped her when she stopped bringing in the dough

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig
7 hours ago, Bio said:

Regarding MANiCURE I remember her saying it didn't even have a bridge at the time, that's why that section is just empty. They hadn't even finished the song when she performed it then, so when she went back into studio I guess they decided the 'heal me' part could be the bridge and re-wrote the chorus 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Aphasic
8 hours ago, Lucas said:

In an interview back then, Gaga also said she didn't want autotune on the songs but her label (or team, I don't remember exactly) forced her to have autotune so it would be more radio friendly.
And that she had to switch IWBWY with Dope because the label thought IWBWY was not relatable to the listeners.

Except those 2 issues I always thought that Gaga & the producers were satisfied with the outcome but it's true that DJWS saying he was broken when he had to submit the album makes me think they had to give an album that wasn't how they wanted it to be

Sad. I Want To Be With You is such an awesome love song.

Julien Lockhart

We will never know the album story I guess.

If the ARTPOP songs were not finished at the swine fest why she asked us : which song I performed will be the next single ?

Then she told us that aura is the sequel of telephone, Adele said that she loved manicure but the song who wins the battle was Sex Dreams.

Do we have Sex Dreams ? No.

What I remembered is that Interscope wanted Gaga to perform at the ITF but her old hits but she doesn't wanted. She forced them to allow her to perform some songs from ARTPOP. Of course she did but Interscope or Troy forced her to reworks every songs from the swine fest. That's why we haven't the single we wanted back in time (she did the same with btw and Scheisse was the winner)

About R-Kelly I remembered read somewhere that it was DJWS idea to put him on the song, it was in an interview I guess

For dope it was because she doesn't wanted to make money on her fans (IWBWY is a song about us) so she changed everything

Donatella was added because Interscope wanted a gay song

I was surprised back in time for MJH because she told us : There's no song about drugs on ARTPOP

Girl ?

We didn't know what happened during those dark time

Seeing what happened to her during ARTPOP, I don't like the era and I think the album is overproduced (demo are better)

I can't love an era (but I don't hate it) when the women I love was on the ground, she was high so many times, she was sad ..

I can't and I hope everyone has seen with her tweet that it was very very hard to her.

Well that's all I remembered, sorry for my English y'all 😅

He ate my heart

Archived