Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

When Gaga said she was mismanaged during ARTPOP...?

Dr Fudge

Featured Posts

Better Day
1 minute ago, kukuryku666 said:

Y'all are mixing facts with what is matching to the bad-label narrative

Gaga (musically) did what she wanted, never said that someone pressured her to change things and told us the stories on why those people are featured on her songs

The tracklist kind of implies she was forced to put changes she never wanted. The Gaga we know would NEVER put 3 rappers on a song. 

Together You And I!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
js4754394o9823
3 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Well she could not exactly said “I was forced to put rappers on my album”, “I was forced to put that “man” on my album. She has hinted that this was not the case and she was forced to change things on ARTPOP. 

Gaga said that she asked Kelly to be on her song because it's RnB and she's a fan

And that making a song with T.I. and Too-$hort was exciting because most rappers don't want to work with her because of her gay fanbase and that they were different

She said it here, and in different interviews too

And also, at the end

She didn't give a f*ck, she was talking about how labels didn't have any money and all of that, if they pressured her to change things, she would probably just say it 

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Better Day
6 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

Gaga said that she asked Kelly to be on her song because it's RnB and she's a fan

And that making a song with T.I. and Too-$hort was exciting because most rappers don't want to work with her because of her gay fanbase and that they were different

She said it here, and in different interviews too

And also, at the end

She didn't give a f*ck, she was talking about how labels didn't have any money and all of that, if they pressured her to change things, she would probably just say it 

Do not take what Gaga said at face value. What I’m trying to say if she didn’t give a sh*t and she took what her label wanted her to do and took it to the extreme. 

Together You And I!

js4754394o9823
5 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Do not take what Gaga said at face value. 

So our theories are more than her own words... cmon

16 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

The tracklist kind of implies she was forced to put changes she never wanted.

The tracklist makes perfect sense

Even Dope that people don't like is a continuation of MJH and it tells a story

She first sings about drugs and all of that and then how she got addicted and miserable because of it

And again, she said it herself

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

HuffsAhoy
20 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Well she could not exactly said “I was forced to put rappers on my album”, “I was forced to put that “man” on my album. She has hinted that this was not the case and she was forced to change things on ARTPOP. 

I find it hard to believe she didn't want TI, Twista, and Too Short on JnD. All you have to do is watch the passion she has during the performance at the iTunes fest to see this is perhaps one of her favorite songs on the album; she even says before singing that JnD is a type of music she'd never made before but was excited to dip her feet into. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Dr Fudge
5 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I find it hard to believe she didn't want TI, Twista, and Too Short on JnD. All you have to do is watch the passion she has during the performance at the iTunes fest to see this is perhaps one of her favorite songs on the album; she even says before singing that JnD is a type of music she'd never made before but was excited to dip her feet into. 

What I truly wish, though, is that she would have kept the electronic breakdown during the bridge. I feel like that would have tied it to the EDM vibe of the entire record. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

27monster27
1 hour ago, HuffsAhoy said:

So, I've always believed one of the main reasons she fired him was he was putting her health in dire jeopardy. 

He actually fired her, and then said that the reverse happened to spite her because she wasn't as successful at that point compared to previous eras. What he did was terrible.

he/him/his

HuffsAhoy
5 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

What I truly wish, though, is that she would have kept the electronic breakdown during the bridge. I feel like that would have tied it to the EDM vibe of the entire record. 

Omg yes!!! I was gagged when that breakdown hit during iTunes fest  :giveup: You can still faintly hear part of it in the last verse but it doesn't hit as hard 

HuffsAhoy
5 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

He actually fired her, and then said that the reverse happened to spite her because she wasn't as successful at that point compared to previous eras. What he did was terrible.

Thank you for clarifying!

Better Day
7 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

My belief is JnD was made as a rebellious song and she slapped 3 rappers on. 

Together You And I!

Anderson123
45 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

The tracklist kind of implies she was forced to put changes she never wanted. The Gaga we know would NEVER put 3 rappers on a song. 

I think it's the opposite. If anything, Jewels N' Drugs is one of the few songs where she did 100% what she wanted. I'm pretty sure she was super excited to have all 3 of them on it, same with R. Kelly. Even Azealia Banks before she came up with the bad attitude. If she didn't have a word on what ARTPOP was like, they'd have forced her to keep Ratchet or Red Flame, even Sex Dreams with Robin Thicke.

I think a lot of things happened behind the scenes but the album is still very Gaga, I don't think they made her change all of it. I mean they still did because Applause was almost scrapped and they made it the lead single and every time she performed she was like "Oh, we have to perform this one ugh".

HuffsAhoy
5 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

My belief is JnD was made as a rebellious song and she slapped 3 rappers on. 

Regardless, I'm glad it happened because its one of my favorites on the album :giggle:

Fresco

When djws recently posted, I found something in an article describing the plans for ARTPOP app. There were supposed to be videos for every song and other stuff in it. Little Monsters.com was operating at thst time. There was some other weird ad serving thing that she financed mentioned in the article. I can't find it now. But I imagine that all of that content and operating all of it was extremely expensive. You all remember the story about how she was deeply in debt during the first big world tour while having 4 #1 singles  and a hot tour.  It really seems like "some people" just wanted her to keep spending all of the money to the point of being deeply in debt every era. Horrible business to be in, especially if that's the business plan.

Oriane
59 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

I still think the final product of ARTPOP was made to cause trouble with her label and her management. “We want a rapper” - what does she do, slap 3 rappers on a trap song. “We want a male singer” - slaps on “him”. “We want a ballad” - Dope was made. I will always believe that the “original” ARTPOP was different and more artistic than the one we got. 

No, I think she did that precisely because it was the point of the album, mixing art at its finest and pop at its most basic. I think the whole album mixes these concepts very well, you find the catchy, easy, basic lyrics expected from pop songs, but then it switches to something more experimental, with more complex and deeper lyrics.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

The songs did not even change that much, it was a bridge right here, some backing vocals there... it doesn’t make sense at all for Troy demanding her to change such small details.

Archived