💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Amazon will spend $465M on ‘Lord of the Rings’

Magic Mike

Featured Posts

RAMROD

And $400 millions of those will be for making a dozen of ring dummies and a dozen of 24K gold rings :neyde:

And they are not complaining cos they will sell  noth pure, and non 24K gold rings as merchandise on their site to get all those munnies back :neyde:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gumzy3000

That’s a ridiculous amount of money. LOTR TV series has the potential to be even bigger than GOT so I think Amazon is really investing in it with the best crew and effects. I’m really excited for this. The movies are my favourite and Amazon does make some good TV shows.

trolly troll troll

RahrahWitch

Jesus... I imagine there's a lot of CGI involved so I get it but still, that's insane.

FrederickSpears
4 hours ago, Magic Mike said:

I just don't see the point of lying, though.

because it helps sell the show. people think with all the money spent it will be good when it will prob be a low budget mess.

5 hours ago, Magic Mike said:

The first season of “Lord of the Rings” will cost Amazon a lot of castar. The retail giant will spend around $465 million to film the first season of its upcoming fantasy drama based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s books. [Read here]

They really want to get on the podium of totalitarianism in audiovisual distribution, after they are already in the distribution of goods. Wouldn't be good to leave a few million dollars to take care of your most precarious workers? :ohwell:

Nah let them spend it. I'm here for it.

Best movies in the world, deserve all this cash to go in to the TV show

4 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Who tf watched LOTR?

Millions, probably billions around the world. The last film was one of the first few films that grossed over $1b

Has the most Oscars wins of all time for a film too.

Amazing films tbh. So ready for the most expensive TV show ever made ngl 📺 

SpadesToStart

Hopefully they kicked a good chunk of that cash to their writers, otherwise it will be DOA

gabeoz
6 hours ago, Living said:

I mean, this is obviously not true. 

it’s about as true as the first season of the Mando costing $100 mil :huntyga:

Every streaming service wants their own GOT so they lie about the costs to produce them. 

This series will not cost anywhere close to that number. 

Actually, Mando costing $100M is expected. Sci-fi media costs a LOT to produce, for example Star Trek: Discovery (and Star Trek: Picard) costs ~$8-9M per episode in 13-15 episode seasons (avg. $90-100M a season) and ended up costing even more by going over budget each episode. Spending that much on high budget tv sci fi shows is becoming the norm.

Killa

omg can we even get simillarion and all the mythology and all its characters

omg imagine 30 years worth of tv:cryga:

Archived