💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Ryan Coogler explains why he's keeping Black Panther 2 in Georgia

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

MCDBLPA_EC121.jpg

Many filmmakers, actors, and moviegoers have called on Hollywood to pull film and TV productions out of Georgia in response to the state's controversial, restrictive SB202 voting rights bill, which was recently signed into law by Gov. Brian Kemp. Some projects have already been withdrawn, but Black Panther 2 director Ryan Coogler will not be following suit. 

In a guest column published by Deadline on Friday, the filmmaker says he's keeping production on the Marvel movie sequel in Georgia and will instead support voting rights organizations.

"While I wished to turn my concern into action, I could not do so without first being educated on the specifics of Georgia," Coogler writes. "Having now spoken with voting rights activists in the state, I have come to understand that many of the people employed by my film, including all the local vendors and businesses we engage, are the very same people who will bear the brunt of SB202. For those reasons, I will not be engaging in a boycott of Georgia. What I will be doing is using my voice to emphasize the effects of SB202, its shameful roots in Jim Crow, and doing all I can to support organizations fighting voter suppression here in the state."

Source

Archived