music news

Apple Music pays $0.01 / stream to artists

Magic Mike

Featured Posts

Magic Mike
46 minutes ago, U-GO-BOY said:

That's why Spotify is a no-no for this homo

Well I’d love to have both.

Spotify has the best algorithm :enigma: It also lets you spy on what people are listen at a precise moment . I just wish they’d stop collecting data from its users. 

I'm really not a big fan of the play numbers generally showing on Spotify. The general play info is more a symptom of how people are obsessed with numbers, and relate them with a more or less success an artist have. Take Youtube views as an example: it is a "landmark" if someone gets 1 billion views, but it is shaded off an artist that could make a better video but with content that the algorithm determines not to diffuse to a larger group of people. As play numbers were indicating of quality :huntyga:

On the other hand, AM has dynamic lyrics showing alongside the song!

Both present exclusive content too

Until then, I’ll happily pay my family share of AM which is nothing per year, and listen to the good free version of Spotify for desktop, which lets you listen to whichever song you like (but intercutting with annoying ads)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adrenaliner
12 hours ago, Economy said:

It still pays the highest of streaming services :toofunny:

But honestly, ppl shouldnt complain that much unless they are willing to pay a few extra dollars a month

Many ppl will have hundrends of streams a month and only pay like $10/month. It still has to add up

I'm talking about the app itself, not the money it pays. I don't like it at all.

Economy
2 hours ago, Adrenaliner said:

I'm talking about the app itself, not the money it pays. I don't like it at all.

I remember when i switched to spotify i actually hated spotify cuz i liked apple better :ladyhaha:

Adrenaliner
2 hours ago, Economy said:

I remember when i switched to spotify i actually hated spotify cuz i liked apple better :ladyhaha:

Oh ok! I tried both and preferred Spotify over Apple.

beaublue
16 hours ago, RAMROD said:

I'll celebrate when any strraming apps pay $5 per stream.

No, just no. That’s ridiculous. Why would anyone pay someone $5 /stream when the literal song costs $1.29 or less? Use your head, it’s fun!

ToxicHot

So..... when you say they pay $0.01 per stream, are you saying it’s EXCLUSIVELY for the artist?

What about the writers, producers, record label, etc.? Are they included in that cut as well??? 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Archived