💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Apple Music pays $0.01 / stream to artists

Magic Mike

Featured Posts

RAMROD

I'll celebrate when any strraming apps pay $5 per stream.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Better Day
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

I'll celebrate when any strraming apps pay $5 per stream.

And then celebrate when they are all suddenly bankrupt and out of business. 

Together You And I!

Hades

Thank god my fave is the best selling female artist of all time. She bought a new face and a boytoy without any income from Spotify. 😎

madge.thumb.gif.255934643989f62d3c051c66

RAMROD
Just now, Miss Dolly said:

And then celebrate when they are all suddenly bankrupt and out of business. 

Maybe, but they won't tbh, especially Apple, like, look how much they worth :billie:

rbm2t2.jpg

n9u2o0.jpg

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Better Day
11 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Maybe, but they won't tbh, especially Apple, like, look how much they worth :billie:

rbm2t2.jpg

n9u2o0.jpg

I am aware but £5 a stream is really excessive

Together You And I!

27monster27

The fact that this day and age $0.01 is considered a high amount. :rip:

he/him/his

Economy
1 hour ago, Magic Mike said:

if Economy is saying it...who am I to disagree 

I'm shook

Thankyou :queenga:

1 hour ago, spector said:

don’t be frightened, deary. economy is just a human, they can get things wrong too :sis:

Party pooper :fthis:

Jk :ladyhaha:

Economy
52 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

rbm2t2.jpg

n9u2o0.jpg

40 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

I am aware but £5 a stream is really excessive

I mean apple is not worth $2 Trilliom because of its music streaming service side of the business and spotifies earnings did not triple in 10 months, its the usual stock market movements that dont necessairily reflect fundamentals

I would be careful at looking at stock market valuations as a gage of how much money a company has. Stocks right now are trading over 20X earnings in many large known names

Apple certainly has the means to pay more tho. But im just saying they arent gonna do it at a loss and have to subsidize it from profits from other aspects of their business

TheSlash

I see some of y'all complaining, but did you do some math with it? For example, let's take Billie Eilish's bad guy. Over the two years it's been out, it accumulated over 1.7 billion streams only on Spotify. Then, with the 0.01$ AM is paying, Billie gets 17,000,000$ . And now imagine they'd pay $5 per stream. Then it would be a whopping 8.5 billion $. And that's only one artist. So, unless you want your streaming service be gone in less than a day bc of bankruptcy, these rates are pretty good.

But I agree that for smaller artists it's way too less. I think it should be variable and the per-stream-payment decreases the more streams you get.

Ew, David!

FrederickSpears

Maybe indie artists should be paid a little bit more than major label artists. IDK, but it sucks for the indie artists who won't be able to make a living off their songs. I am happy with this for the huge popstars because they can't go overboard or streaming will be dead really quick and it has actually helped the music industry a lot.

Admin
13 hours ago, Autumn said:

i think it's perspective. most indie artists aren't hitting 1 million streams on a song, and aren't gonna be able to live off of their music profits without major label support, leading most to lean towards physical sales and second jobs, making music a non-viable career for many. not to mention, the less you get paid as an indie artist, the less money you have to advertise. you have to remember songs surpassing 1 billion streams are very very much the exception, not the rule.

Streaming is still much better for indie artists. With streaming, an indie artist can easily get discovered without radio, label support, and all that stuff — look at Lil Nas X. This will lead to concert ticket sales and merch sales which brings a lot more money.

Before I got Spotify, I used to listen to pretty much big artists only, while now I discover someone new almost every day.

I mean, Lady Gaga had to upload her music for FREE on MySpace before she was discovered.

Archived