💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Apple Music pays $0.01 / stream to artists

Magic Mike

Featured Posts

Magic Mike

Apple Music is paying one penny per stream, whilst Spotify pays third and a half of a cent.

Read more about it here and here.

Still, none of them are paying enough, particularly to indie artists innit :triggered:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

I know all too well...:grr:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

StarstruckIllusion

purr

now all Apple Music has to do is release their streaming numbers and Spotify will finally lose relevance :vegas:

Lucas

How much do you want them to pay though? There are billions and billions of streams every day :S

beaublue

Yeah… this is normal 🤣 people aren’t buying your song, they’re renting access to it /play which mind you if they did buy, it would only cost $1.29 OR LESS & it’s a one time payment.  Instead if that single fan chooses to stream then you’ll make more money off them even if it’s 1 cent per stream. You can’t expect to be paid a ton /stream when songs in general cost at most $1.29?

Magic Mike
12 minutes ago, Bio said:

Maybe that’s why their interface is ****? Is there no money left?

The interface is fine to me, but I have issues with their algorithm (Spotify still wins on that, though AM just started on the "infinite playlist")

Let's just say that Spotify's ambition goes beyond letting their users stream music. I recently read upsetting news about Spotify - that, like the surveillance capitalists Google and Facebook, Spotify will start collecting data from its users in order to sell to third parties, and that it pursues emotional surveillance for global profit

"It’s not new that Spotify is extracting data points from the kinds of music that people listen to at different times of the day. But what is new, is that a few months ago Spotify was granted a patent by the US government that allows it to monitor users’ speech for a wild new range of data collection. " [article]

so there is no excuse to pay less to artists

Better Day

I stand by my decision to make to Apple Music last year. So much cleaner than Spotify. 

Together You And I!

bionic

How much does industry-breaking Tidal earn artists per stream? I wonder if there's a relatively unknown streaming service that pays decently

buy bionic

BleepBloop
9 minutes ago, Runway said:

Gaga is laughing in haus labs while drinking dom perignon03-E99-D8-F-2-C86-4357-85-AA-A9734-ECDB8

What does this even have to do with her...?

Runway
9 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

What does this even have to do with her...?

Is she not an artist and put her music on streaming services :bear: 

Archived